Subject: [PATCH 0/7] powerpc: branch cache flush changes

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 17:06:03 +1000

This series allows the link stack to be flushed with the speical
bcctr 2,0,0 flush instruction that also flushes the count cache if
the processor supports it.

Firmware does not support this at the moment, but I've tested it in
simulator with a patched firmware to advertise support.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (7):
  powerpc/security: re-name count cache flush to branch cache flush
  powerpc/security: change link stack flush state to the flush type enum
  powerpc/security: make display of branch cache flush more consistent
  powerpc/security: split branch cache flush toggle from code patching
  powerpc/64s: Move branch cache flushing bcctr variant to ppc-ops.h
  powerpc/security: Allow for processors that flush the link stack using
    the special bcctr
  powerpc/64s: advertise hardware link stack flush

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm-prototypes.h    |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h            |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h        |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/security_features.h |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h          |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S               |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c               | 139 +++++++++++--------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c                   |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c       |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c       |   3 +
 tools/arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h    |   1 +
 11 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0