Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] mm, treewide: Rename kzfree() to kfree_sensitive()

From: Waiman Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 21:57:15 -0400

v4:
  - Break out the memzero_explicit() change as suggested by Dan Carpenter
    so that it can be backported to stable.
  - Drop the "crypto: Remove unnecessary memzero_explicit()" patch for
    now as there can be a bit more discussion on what is best. It will be
    introduced as a separate patch later on after this one is merged.

This patchset makes a global rename of the kzfree() to kfree_sensitive()
to highlight the fact buffer clearing is only needed if the data objects
contain sensitive information like encrpytion key. The fact that kzfree()
uses memset() to do the clearing isn't totally safe either as compiler
may compile out the clearing in their optimizer especially if LTO is
used. Instead, the new kfree_sensitive() uses memzero_explicit() which
won't get compiled out.

Waiman Long (3):
  mm/slab: Use memzero_explicit() in kzfree()
  mm, treewide: Rename kzfree() to kfree_sensitive()
  btrfs: Use kfree() in btrfs_ioctl_get_subvol_info()

 arch/s390/crypto/prng.c                       |  4 +--
 arch/x86/power/hibernate.c                    |  2 +-
 crypto/adiantum.c                             |  2 +-
 crypto/ahash.c                                |  4 +--
 crypto/api.c                                  |  2 +-
 crypto/asymmetric_keys/verify_pefile.c        |  4 +--
 crypto/deflate.c                              |  2 +-
 crypto/drbg.c                                 | 10 +++---
 crypto/ecc.c                                  |  8 ++---
 crypto/ecdh.c                                 |  2 +-
 crypto/gcm.c                                  |  2 +-
 crypto/gf128mul.c                             |  4 +--
 crypto/jitterentropy-kcapi.c                  |  2 +-
 crypto/rng.c                                  |  2 +-
 crypto/rsa-pkcs1pad.c                         |  6 ++--
 crypto/seqiv.c                                |  2 +-
 crypto/shash.c                                |  2 +-
 crypto/skcipher.c                             |  2 +-
 crypto/testmgr.c                              |  6 ++--
 crypto/zstd.c                                 |  2 +-
 .../allwinner/sun8i-ce/sun8i-ce-cipher.c      |  2 +-
 .../allwinner/sun8i-ss/sun8i-ss-cipher.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/amlogic/amlogic-gxl-cipher.c   |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/atmel-ecc.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/caam/caampkc.c                 | 28 +++++++--------
 drivers/crypto/cavium/cpt/cptvf_main.c        |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/cavium/cpt/cptvf_reqmanager.c  | 12 +++----
 drivers/crypto/cavium/nitrox/nitrox_lib.c     |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/cavium/zip/zip_crypto.c        |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-rsa.c           |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_aead.c                |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_buffer_mgr.c          |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_cipher.c              |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_hash.c                |  8 ++---
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_request_mgr.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cesa/hash.c            |  2 +-
 .../crypto/marvell/octeontx/otx_cptvf_main.c  |  6 ++--
 .../marvell/octeontx/otx_cptvf_reqmgr.h       |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/mediatek/mtk-aes.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx.c                        |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_algs.c    | 12 +++----
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_core.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/md/dm-crypt.c                         | 32 ++++++++---------
 drivers/md/dm-integrity.c                     |  6 ++--
 drivers/misc/ibmvmc.c                         |  6 ++--
 .../hisilicon/hns3/hns3pf/hclge_mbx.c         |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ipsec.c    |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/ppp/ppp_mppe.c                    |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/wireguard/noise.c                 |  4 +--
 drivers/net/wireguard/peer.c                  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/rx.c  |  2 +-
 .../net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/tx-gen2.c |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/tx.c  |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/intersil/orinoco/wext.c  |  4 +--
 drivers/s390/crypto/ap_bus.h                  |  4 +--
 drivers/staging/ks7010/ks_hostif.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/rtl8723bs/core/rtw_security.c |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/wlan-ng/p80211netdev.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/target/iscsi/iscsi_target_auth.c      |  2 +-
 fs/btrfs/ioctl.c                              |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifsencrypt.c                         |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/connect.c                             | 10 +++---
 fs/cifs/dfs_cache.c                           |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/misc.c                                |  8 ++---
 fs/crypto/keyring.c                           |  6 ++--
 fs/crypto/keysetup_v1.c                       |  4 +--
 fs/ecryptfs/keystore.c                        |  4 +--
 fs/ecryptfs/messaging.c                       |  2 +-
 include/crypto/aead.h                         |  2 +-
 include/crypto/akcipher.h                     |  2 +-
 include/crypto/gf128mul.h                     |  2 +-
 include/crypto/hash.h                         |  2 +-
 include/crypto/internal/acompress.h           |  2 +-
 include/crypto/kpp.h                          |  2 +-
 include/crypto/skcipher.h                     |  2 +-
 include/linux/slab.h                          |  2 +-
 lib/mpi/mpiutil.c                             |  6 ++--
 lib/test_kasan.c                              |  6 ++--
 mm/slab_common.c                              | 10 +++---
 net/atm/mpoa_caches.c                         |  4 +--
 net/bluetooth/ecdh_helper.c                   |  6 ++--
 net/bluetooth/smp.c                           | 24 ++++++-------
 net/core/sock.c                               |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_fastopen.c                       |  2 +-
 net/mac80211/aead_api.c                       |  4 +--
 net/mac80211/aes_gmac.c                       |  2 +-
 net/mac80211/key.c                            |  2 +-
 net/mac802154/llsec.c                         | 20 +++++------
 net/sctp/auth.c                               |  2 +-
 net/sctp/socket.c                             |  2 +-
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_crypto.c         |  4 +--
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_keys.c           |  6 ++--
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_mech.c           |  2 +-
 net/tipc/crypto.c                             | 10 +++---
 net/wireless/core.c                           |  2 +-
 net/wireless/ibss.c                           |  4 +--
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_tkip.c            |  2 +-
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_wep.c             |  2 +-
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                        | 24 ++++++-------
 net/wireless/sme.c                            |  6 ++--
 net/wireless/util.c                           |  2 +-
 net/wireless/wext-sme.c                       |  2 +-
 scripts/coccinelle/free/devm_free.cocci       |  4 +--
 scripts/coccinelle/free/ifnullfree.cocci      |  4 +--
 scripts/coccinelle/free/kfree.cocci           |  6 ++--
 scripts/coccinelle/free/kfreeaddr.cocci       |  2 +-
 security/apparmor/domain.c                    |  4 +--
 security/apparmor/include/file.h              |  2 +-
 security/apparmor/policy.c                    | 24 ++++++-------
 security/apparmor/policy_ns.c                 |  6 ++--
 security/apparmor/policy_unpack.c             | 14 ++++----
 security/keys/big_key.c                       |  6 ++--
 security/keys/dh.c                            | 14 ++++----
 security/keys/encrypted-keys/encrypted.c      | 14 ++++----
 security/keys/trusted-keys/trusted_tpm1.c     | 34 +++++++++----------
 security/keys/user_defined.c                  |  6 ++--
 116 files changed, 322 insertions(+), 322 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.1