Subject: [PATCH v5 00/26] powerpc/book3s/64/pkeys: Simplify the code

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 19:28:24 +0530

This patch series update the pkey subsystem with more documentation and
rename variables so that it is easy to follow the code. We drop the changes
to support KUAP/KUEP with hash translation in this update. The changes
are adding 200 cycles to null syscalls benchmark and I want to look at that
closely before requesting a merge. The rest of the patches are included
in this series. This should avoid having to carry a large patchset across
the upstream merge. Some of the changes in here make the hash KUEP/KUAP
addition simpler.

Changes from v4:
* Drop hash KUAP/KUEP changes.

Changes from v3:
* Fix build error reported by kernel test robot <[email-masked]>

Changes from v2:
* Rebase to the latest kernel.
* Fixed a bug with disabling KUEP/KUAP on kernel command line
* Added a patch to make kup key dynamic.

Changes from v1:
* Rebased on latest kernel

Aneesh Kumar K.V (26):
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Fixup bit numbering
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: pkeys are supported only on hash on book3s.
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Move pkey related bits in the linux page table
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Explain key 1 reservation details
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Simplify the key initialization
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Prevent key 1 modification from userspace.
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: kill cpu feature key CPU_FTR_PKEY
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Convert execute key support to static key
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Simplify pkey disable branch
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Convert pkey_total to max_pkey
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Make initial_allocation_mask static
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Mark all the pkeys above max pkey as reserved
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Enable MMU_FTR_PKEY
  powerpc/book3s64/kuep: Add MMU_FTR_KUEP
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Use execute_pkey_disable static key
  powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Use MMU_FTR_PKEY instead of pkey_disabled
    static key
  powerpc/book3s64/keys: Print information during boot.
  powerpc/book3s64/keys/kuap: Reset AMR/IAMR values on kexec
  powerpc/book3s64/kuap: Move KUAP related function outside radix
  powerpc/book3s64/kuep: Move KUEP related function outside radix
  powerpc/book3s64/kuap: Rename MMU_FTR_RADIX_KUAP to MMU_FTR_KUAP
  powerpc/book3s64/kuap/kuep: Make KUAP and KUEP a subfeature of
    PPC_MEM_KEYS
  powerpc/book3s64/kuap: Move UAMOR setup to key init function
  powerpc/selftest/ptrave-pkey: Rename variables to make it easier to
    follow code
  powerpc/selftest/ptrace-pkey: Update the test to mark an invalid pkey
    correctly
  powerpc/selftest/ptrace-pkey: IAMR and uamor cannot be updated by
    ptrace

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash-4k.h  |  21 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash-64k.h |  12 +-
 .../powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash-pkey.h |  32 ++
 .../asm/book3s/64/{kup-radix.h => kup.h}      |  70 ++--
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/mmu-hash.h |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/mmu.h      |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h  |  17 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pkeys.h    |  25 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cputable.h           |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kup.h                |  16 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu.h                |  17 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pkeys.h              |  65 +---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h          |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ptrace.h             |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c             |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dt_cpu_ftrs.c             |   6 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/misc_64.S                 |  14 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c                    |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-view.c      |  17 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                     |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c              |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kexec/core_64.c                  |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.c            |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pkeys.c              | 315 +++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c      |  36 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype        |   4 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-pkey.c    |  53 ++-
 27 files changed, 448 insertions(+), 322 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash-pkey.h
 rename arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/{kup-radix.h => kup.h} (78%)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pkeys.h

-- 
2.26.2