Subject: [PATCH v3 0/4] iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:28:33 +0200

Hi,

Multiple architectures are affected in the first patch and all further
patches depend on the first.

Maybe this could go in through Andrew Morton's tree?

Changes since v2
================
1. Drop all non-essential patches (cleanups),
2. Update also drivers/sh/clk/cpg.c .

Changes since v1
================
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
1. Constify also ioreadX_rep() and mmio_insX(),
2. Squash lib+alpha+powerpc+parisc+sh into one patch for bisectability,
3. Add acks and reviews,
4. Re-order patches so all optional driver changes are at the end.

Description
===========
The ioread8/16/32() and others have inconsistent interface among the
architectures: some taking address as const, some not.

It seems there is nothing really stopping all of them to take
pointer to const.

Patchset was only compile tested on affected architectures.  No real
testing.

volatile
========
There is still interface inconsistency between architectures around
"volatile" qualifier:
 - include/asm-generic/io.h:static inline u32 ioread32(const volatile void __iomem *addr)
 - include/asm-generic/iomap.h:extern unsigned int ioread32(const void __iomem *);

This is still discussed and out of scope of this patchset.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Kozlowski (4):
  iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  rtl818x: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  ntb: intel: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  virtio: pci: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)

 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_apecs.h           |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_cia.h             |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_lca.h             |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_marvel.h          |  4 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_mcpcia.h          |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_t2.h              |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io.h                   | 12 ++--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io_trivial.h           | 16 ++---
 arch/alpha/include/asm/jensen.h               |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/machvec.h              |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/core_marvel.c               |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/io.c                        | 12 ++--
 arch/parisc/include/asm/io.h                  |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/lib/iomap.c                       | 72 +++++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iomap.c                   | 28 ++++----
 arch/sh/kernel/iomap.c                        | 22 +++---
 .../realtek/rtl818x/rtl8180/rtl8180.h         |  6 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen1.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen3.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_intel.h           |  2 +-
 drivers/sh/clk/cpg.c                          |  2 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern.c            |  6 +-
 include/asm-generic/iomap.h                   | 28 ++++----
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-hi-lo.h         |  4 +-
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-lo-hi.h         |  4 +-
 lib/iomap.c                                   | 30 ++++----
 26 files changed, 146 insertions(+), 146 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1