Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v0 2/2] KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Use H_RPT_INVALIDATE in nested KVM

From: Bharata B Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:38:51 +0530

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 03:18:03PM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 04:14:20PM +0530, Bharata B Rao wrote:
> > In the nested KVM case, replace H_TLB_INVALIDATE by the new hcall
> > H_RPT_INVALIDATE if available. The availability of this hcall
> > is determined from "hcall-rpt-invalidate" string in ibm,hypertas-functions
> > DT property.
> 
> What are we going to use when nested KVM supports HPT guests at L2?
> L1 will need to do partition-scoped tlbies with R=0 via a hypercall,
> but H_RPT_INVALIDATE says in its name that it only handles radix
> page tables (i.e. R=1).

For L2 HPT guests, the old hcall is expected to work after it adds
support for R=0 case?

The new hcall should be advertised via ibm,hypertas-functions only
for radix guests I suppose.

Regards,
Bharata.