Subject: [PATCH 00/15] memblock: seasonal cleaning^w cleanup

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 08:11:38 +0300

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>

Hi,

These patches simplify several uses of memblock iterators and hide some of
the memblock implementation details from the rest of the system.

The patches are on top of v5.8-rc7 + cherry-pick of "mm/sparse: cleanup the
code surrounding memory_present()" [1] from mmotm tree.

[1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked] 

Mike Rapoport (15):
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: simplify kvm_cma_reserve()
  dma-contiguous: simplify cma_early_percent_memory()
  arm, xtensa: simplify initialization of high memory pages
  arm64: numa: simplify dummy_numa_init()
  h8300, nds32, openrisc: simplify detection of memory extents
  powerpc: fadamp: simplify fadump_reserve_crash_area()
  riscv: drop unneeded node initialization
  mircoblaze: drop unneeded NUMA and sparsemem initializations
  memblock: make for_each_memblock_type() iterator private
  memblock: make memblock_debug and related functionality private
  memblock: reduce number of parameters in for_each_mem_range()
  arch, mm: replace for_each_memblock() with for_each_mem_pfn_range()
  arch, drivers: replace for_each_membock() with for_each_mem_range()
  x86/numa: remove redundant iteration over memblock.reserved
  memblock: remove 'type' parameter from for_each_memblock()

 .clang-format                            |  1 +
 arch/arm/kernel/setup.c                  | 18 +++++---
 arch/arm/mm/init.c                       | 59 +++++-------------------
 arch/arm/mm/mmu.c                        | 39 ++++++----------
 arch/arm/mm/pmsa-v7.c                    | 20 ++++----
 arch/arm/mm/pmsa-v8.c                    | 17 ++++---
 arch/arm/xen/mm.c                        |  7 +--
 arch/arm64/kernel/machine_kexec_file.c   |  6 +--
 arch/arm64/kernel/setup.c                |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/mm/init.c                     | 11 ++---
 arch/arm64/mm/kasan_init.c               |  8 ++--
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c                      | 11 ++---
 arch/arm64/mm/numa.c                     | 15 +++---
 arch/c6x/kernel/setup.c                  |  9 ++--
 arch/h8300/kernel/setup.c                |  8 ++--
 arch/microblaze/mm/init.c                | 24 ++--------
 arch/mips/cavium-octeon/dma-octeon.c     | 12 ++---
 arch/mips/kernel/setup.c                 | 31 ++++++-------
 arch/mips/netlogic/xlp/setup.c           |  2 +-
 arch/nds32/kernel/setup.c                |  8 +---
 arch/openrisc/kernel/setup.c             |  9 +---
 arch/openrisc/mm/init.c                  |  8 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c             | 58 ++++++++---------------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c     | 11 +----
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/hash_utils.c    | 16 +++----
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c | 11 ++---
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/kasan_init_32.c    |  8 ++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/mem.c                    | 33 +++++++------
 arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c                   |  7 +--
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable_32.c             |  8 ++--
 arch/riscv/mm/init.c                     | 33 ++++---------
 arch/riscv/mm/kasan_init.c               | 10 ++--
 arch/s390/kernel/crash_dump.c            |  8 ++--
 arch/s390/kernel/setup.c                 | 31 ++++++++-----
 arch/s390/mm/page-states.c               |  6 +--
 arch/s390/mm/vmem.c                      | 16 ++++---
 arch/sh/mm/init.c                        |  9 ++--
 arch/sparc/mm/init_64.c                  | 12 ++---
 arch/x86/mm/numa.c                       | 26 ++++-------
 arch/xtensa/mm/init.c                    | 55 ++++------------------
 drivers/bus/mvebu-mbus.c                 | 12 ++---
 drivers/s390/char/zcore.c                |  9 ++--
 include/linux/memblock.h                 | 45 +++++++++---------
 kernel/dma/contiguous.c                  | 11 +----
 mm/memblock.c                            | 28 +++++++----
 mm/page_alloc.c                          | 11 ++---
 mm/sparse.c                              | 10 ++--
 47 files changed, 324 insertions(+), 485 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2