Subject: [PATCH v3 0/8] huge vmalloc mappings

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:27:24 +1000

Not tested on x86 or arm64, would appreciate a quick test there so I can
ask Andrew to put it in -mm. Other option is I can disable huge vmallocs
for them for the time being.

Since v2:
- Rebased on vmalloc cleanups, split series into simpler pieces.
- Fixed several compile errors and warnings
- Keep the page array and accounting in small page units because
  struct vm_struct is an interface (this should fix x86 vmap stack debug
  assert). [Thanks Zefan]

Nicholas Piggin (8):
  mm/vmalloc: fix vmalloc_to_page for huge vmap mappings
  mm: apply_to_pte_range warn and fail if a large pte is encountered
  mm/vmalloc: rename vmap_*_range vmap_pages_*_range
  lib/ioremap: rename ioremap_*_range to vmap_*_range
  mm: HUGE_VMAP arch support cleanup
  mm: Move vmap_range from lib/ioremap.c to mm/vmalloc.c
  mm/vmalloc: add vmap_range_noflush variant
  mm/vmalloc: Hugepage vmalloc mappings

 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |   2 +
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c                           |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c      |   8 +-
 arch/x86/mm/ioremap.c                         |  10 +-
 include/linux/io.h                            |   9 -
 include/linux/vmalloc.h                       |  13 +
 init/main.c                                   |   1 -
 mm/ioremap.c                                  | 231 +--------
 mm/memory.c                                   |  60 ++-
 mm/vmalloc.c                                  | 442 +++++++++++++++---
 10 files changed, 453 insertions(+), 333 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0