Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/4] powerpc/memhotplug: Make lmb size 64bit

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 23:56:36 +0000

Hi

[This is an automated email]

This commit has been processed because it contains a -stable tag.
The stable tag indicates that it's relevant for the following trees: all

The bot has tested the following trees: v5.8.1, v5.7.15, v5.4.58, v4.19.139, v4.14.193, v4.9.232, v4.4.232.

v5.8.1: Build OK!
v5.7.15: Build OK!
v5.4.58: Build OK!
v4.19.139: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    Unable to calculate

v4.14.193: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    Unable to calculate

v4.9.232: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    1a367063ca0c ("powerpc/pseries: Check memory device state before onlining/offlining")
    25b587fba9a4 ("powerpc/pseries: Correct possible read beyond dlpar sysfs buffer")
    333f7b76865b ("powerpc/pseries: Implement indexed-count hotplug memory add")
    753843471cbb ("powerpc/pseries: Implement indexed-count hotplug memory remove")
    943db62c316c ("powerpc/pseries: Revert 'Auto-online hotplugged memory'")
    c21f515c7436 ("powerpc/pseries: Make the acquire/release of the drc for memory a seperate step")
    e70d59700fc3 ("powerpc/pseries: Introduce memory hotplug READD operation")
    f84775c2d5d9 ("powerpc/pseries: Fix build break when MEMORY_HOTREMOVE=n")

v4.4.232: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    183deeea5871 ("powerpc/pseries: Consolidate CPU hotplug code to hotplug-cpu.c")
    1a367063ca0c ("powerpc/pseries: Check memory device state before onlining/offlining")
    1dc759566636 ("powerpc/pseries: Use kernel hotplug queue for PowerVM hotplug events")
    1f859adb9253 ("powerpc/pseries: Verify CPU doesn't exist before adding")
    25b587fba9a4 ("powerpc/pseries: Correct possible read beyond dlpar sysfs buffer")
    333f7b76865b ("powerpc/pseries: Implement indexed-count hotplug memory add")
    4a4bdfea7cb7 ("powerpc/pseries: Refactor dlpar_add_lmb() code")
    753843471cbb ("powerpc/pseries: Implement indexed-count hotplug memory remove")
    9054619ef54a ("powerpc/pseries: Add pseries hotplug workqueue")
    943db62c316c ("powerpc/pseries: Revert 'Auto-online hotplugged memory'")
    9dc512819e4b ("powerpc: Fix unused function warning 'lmb_to_memblock'")
    bdf5fc633804 ("powerpc/pseries: Update LMB associativity index during DLPAR add/remove")
    c21f515c7436 ("powerpc/pseries: Make the acquire/release of the drc for memory a seperate step")
    e70d59700fc3 ("powerpc/pseries: Introduce memory hotplug READD operation")
    e9d764f80396 ("powerpc/pseries: Enable kernel CPU dlpar from sysfs")
    ec999072442a ("powerpc/pseries: Auto-online hotplugged memory")
    f84775c2d5d9 ("powerpc/pseries: Fix build break when MEMORY_HOTREMOVE=n")
    fdb4f6e99ffa ("powerpc/pseries: Remove call to memblock_add()")

NOTE: The patch will not be queued to stable trees until it is upstream.

How should we proceed with this patch?

-- 
Thanks
Sasha