Subject: [PATCH v7 00/12] huge vmalloc mappings

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 00:57:41 +1000

I think it's ready to go into -mm if it gets acks for the arch
changes.

Thanks,
Nick

Since v6:
- Fixed a false positive warning introduced in patch 2, found by
  kbuild test robot.

Since v5:
- Split arch changes out better and make the constant folding work
- Avoid most of the 80 column wrap, fix a reference to lib/ioremap.c
- Fix compile error on some archs

Since v4:
- Fixed an off-by-page-order bug in v4
- Several minor cleanups.
- Added page order to /proc/vmallocinfo
- Added hugepage to alloc_large_system_hage output.
- Made an architecture config option, powerpc only for now.

Since v3:
- Fixed an off-by-one bug in a loop
- Fix !CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_HUGE_VMAP build fail
- Hopefully this time fix the arm64 vmap stack bug, thanks Jonathan
  Cameron for debugging the cause of this (hopefully).

Since v2:
- Rebased on vmalloc cleanups, split series into simpler pieces.
- Fixed several compile errors and warnings
- Keep the page array and accounting in small page units because
  struct vm_struct is an interface (this should fix x86 vmap stack debug
  assert). [Thanks Zefan]

Nicholas Piggin (12):
  mm/vmalloc: fix vmalloc_to_page for huge vmap mappings
  mm: apply_to_pte_range warn and fail if a large pte is encountered
  mm/vmalloc: rename vmap_*_range vmap_pages_*_range
  mm/ioremap: rename ioremap_*_range to vmap_*_range
  mm: HUGE_VMAP arch support cleanup
  powerpc: inline huge vmap supported functions
  arm64: inline huge vmap supported functions
  x86: inline huge vmap supported functions
  mm: Move vmap_range from mm/ioremap.c to mm/vmalloc.c
  mm/vmalloc: add vmap_range_noflush variant
  mm/vmalloc: Hugepage vmalloc mappings
  powerpc/64s/radix: Enable huge vmalloc mappings

 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |   2 +
 arch/Kconfig                                  |   4 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/vmalloc.h              |  25 +
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c                           |  26 -
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vmalloc.h            |  21 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c      |  21 -
 arch/x86/include/asm/vmalloc.h                |  23 +
 arch/x86/mm/ioremap.c                         |  19 -
 arch/x86/mm/pgtable.c                         |  13 -
 include/linux/io.h                            |   9 -
 include/linux/vmalloc.h                       |  10 +
 init/main.c                                   |   1 -
 mm/ioremap.c                                  | 225 +--------
 mm/memory.c                                   |  60 ++-
 mm/page_alloc.c                               |   5 +-
 mm/vmalloc.c                                  | 443 +++++++++++++++---
 17 files changed, 515 insertions(+), 393 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0