Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] powerpc/rtas: Restrict RTAS requests from userspace

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 13:53:48 +0000

Hi

[This is an automated email]

This commit has been processed because it contains a -stable tag.
The stable tag indicates that it's relevant for the following trees: all

The bot has tested the following trees: v5.8.2, v5.7.16, v5.4.59, v4.19.140, v4.14.193, v4.9.232, v4.4.232.

v5.8.2: Build OK!
v5.7.16: Build OK!
v5.4.59: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    1a8916ee3ac2 ("powerpc: Detect the secure boot mode of the system")
    4238fad366a6 ("powerpc/ima: Add support to initialize ima policy rules")
    9155e2341aa8 ("powerpc/powernv: Add OPAL API interface to access secure variable")
    bd5d9c743d38 ("powerpc: expose secure variables to userspace via sysfs")

v4.19.140: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    0261a508c9fc ("powerpc/mm: dump segment registers on book3s/32")
    136bc0397ae2 ("powerpc/pseries: Introduce option to build secure virtual machines")
    1a8916ee3ac2 ("powerpc: Detect the secure boot mode of the system")
    75d9fc7fd94e ("powerpc/powernv: move OPAL call wrapper tracing and interrupt handling to C")
    7c91efce1608 ("powerpc/mm: dump block address translation on book3s/32")
    97026b5a5ac2 ("powerpc/mm: Split dump_pagelinuxtables flag_array table")
    a49dddbdb0cc ("powerpc/kernel: Add ucall_norets() ultravisor call handler")
    b2133bd7a553 ("powerpc/book3s/32: do not include pte-common.h")
    bd5d9c743d38 ("powerpc: expose secure variables to userspace via sysfs")
    cbcbbf4afd6d ("powerpc/mm: Define platform default caches related flags")
    d81e6f8b7c66 ("powerpc/mm: don't use _PAGE_EXEC in book3s/32")
    d82fd29c5a8c ("powerpc/mm: Distribute platform specific PAGE and PMD flags and definitions")
    e66c3209c7fd ("powerpc: Move page table dump files in a dedicated subdirectory")
    fb0b0a73b223 ("powerpc: Enable kcov")
    ff00552578ba ("powerpc/8xx: change name of a few page flags to avoid confusion")

v4.14.193: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    136bc0397ae2 ("powerpc/pseries: Introduce option to build secure virtual machines")
    1a8916ee3ac2 ("powerpc: Detect the secure boot mode of the system")
    4e56207130ed ("kbuild: Cache a few more calls to the compiler")
    4fa8bc949de1 ("kbuild: rename *-asn1.[ch] to *.asn1.[ch]")
    74ce1896c6c6 ("kbuild: clean up *.dtb and *.dtb.S patterns from top-level Makefile")
    75d9fc7fd94e ("powerpc/powernv: move OPAL call wrapper tracing and interrupt handling to C")
    8438ee76b004 ("Makefile: disable PIE before testing asm goto")
    8f2133cc0e1f ("powerpc/pseries: hcall_exit tracepoint retval should be signed")
    92e3da3cf193 ("powerpc: initial pkey plumbing")
    9a8dfb394c04 ("kbuild: clean up *.lex.c and *.tab.[ch] patterns from top-level Makefile")
    9ce285cfe360 (".gitignore: move *-asn1.[ch] patterns to the top-level .gitignore")
    a49dddbdb0cc ("powerpc/kernel: Add ucall_norets() ultravisor call handler")
    bd5d9c743d38 ("powerpc: expose secure variables to userspace via sysfs")
    c64ba044ed57 ("kbuild: gcov: enable -fno-tree-loop-im if supported")
    d677a4d60193 ("Makefile: support flag -fsanitizer-coverage=trace-cmp")
    d682026dd3c5 (".gitignore: ignore ASN.1 auto generated files")
    e08d6de4e532 ("kbuild: remove kbuild cache")
    e501ce957a78 ("x86: Force asm-goto")
    e9666d10a567 ("jump_label: move 'asm goto' support test to Kconfig")
    ef46d9b3dc01 ("kbuild: clean up *.i and *.lst patterns by make clean")

v4.9.232: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    1515ab932156 ("powerpc/mm: Dump hash table")
    1a8916ee3ac2 ("powerpc: Detect the secure boot mode of the system")
    6cc89bad60a6 ("powerpc/kprobes: Invoke handlers directly")
    7644d5819cf8 ("powerpc: Create asm/debugfs.h and move powerpc_debugfs_root there")
    7c0f6ba682b9 ("Replace <asm/uaccess.h> with <linux/uaccess.h> globally")
    8eb07b187000 ("powerpc/mm: Dump linux pagetables")
    92e3da3cf193 ("powerpc: initial pkey plumbing")
    bd5d9c743d38 ("powerpc: expose secure variables to userspace via sysfs")
    da6658859b9c ("powerpc: Change places using CONFIG_KEXEC to use CONFIG_KEXEC_CORE instead.")
    dd5ac03e0955 ("powerpc/mm: Fix page table dump build on non-Book3S")

v4.4.232: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    019132ff3daf ("x86/mm/pkeys: Fill in pkey field in siginfo")
    0e749e54244e ("dax: increase granularity of dax_clear_blocks() operations")
    1a8916ee3ac2 ("powerpc: Detect the secure boot mode of the system")
    33a709b25a76 ("mm/gup, x86/mm/pkeys: Check VMAs and PTEs for protection keys")
    34c0fd540e79 ("mm, dax, pmem: introduce pfn_t")
    3565fce3a659 ("mm, x86: get_user_pages() for dax mappings")
    52db400fcd50 ("pmem, dax: clean up clear_pmem()")
    5c1d90f51027 ("x86/mm/pkeys: Add PTE bits for storing protection key")
    63c17fb8e5a4 ("mm/core, x86/mm/pkeys: Store protection bits in high VMA flags")
    69660fd797c3 ("x86, mm: introduce _PAGE_DEVMAP")
    7b2d0dbac489 ("x86/mm/pkeys: Pass VMA down in to fault signal generation code")
    8f62c883222c ("x86/mm/pkeys: Add arch-specific VMA protection bits")
    92e3da3cf193 ("powerpc: initial pkey plumbing")
    b2e0d1625e19 ("dax: fix lifetime of in-kernel dax mappings with dax_map_atomic()")
    b95f5f4391fa ("libnvdimm: convert to statically allocated badblocks")
    bd5d9c743d38 ("powerpc: expose secure variables to userspace via sysfs")
    f25748e3c34e ("mm, dax: convert vmf_insert_pfn_pmd() to pfn_t")
    fe683adabfe6 ("dax: guarantee page aligned results from bdev_direct_access()")

NOTE: The patch will not be queued to stable trees until it is upstream.

How should we proceed with this patch?

-- 
Thanks
Sasha