Subject: Re: remove the last set_fs() in common code, and remove it for x86 and powerpc v2

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 17:31:55 +0200

> Diffstat:

Actually no diffstat here as David Howells pointed out.  Here we go:

 arch/Kconfig                           |    3 
 arch/alpha/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/arc/Kconfig                       |    1 
 arch/arm/Kconfig                       |    1 
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/c6x/Kconfig                       |    1 
 arch/csky/Kconfig                      |    1 
 arch/h8300/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/hexagon/Kconfig                   |    1 
 arch/ia64/Kconfig                      |    1 
 arch/m68k/Kconfig                      |    1 
 arch/microblaze/Kconfig                |    1 
 arch/mips/Kconfig                      |    1 
 arch/nds32/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/nios2/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/openrisc/Kconfig                  |    1 
 arch/parisc/Kconfig                    |    1 
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h   |    7 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/thread_info.h |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h     |   78 ++++++++-----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c           |    3 
 arch/powerpc/lib/sstep.c               |    6 -
 arch/riscv/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/s390/Kconfig                      |    1 
 arch/sh/Kconfig                        |    1 
 arch/sparc/Kconfig                     |    1 
 arch/um/Kconfig                        |    1 
 arch/x86/ia32/ia32_aout.c              |    1 
 arch/x86/include/asm/page_32_types.h   |   11 ++
 arch/x86/include/asm/page_64_types.h   |   38 +++++++++
 arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h       |   60 ---------------
 arch/x86/include/asm/thread_info.h     |    2 
 arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h         |   26 ------
 arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets.c          |    3 
 arch/x86/lib/getuser.S                 |   28 ++++---
 arch/x86/lib/putuser.S                 |   21 +++--
 arch/xtensa/Kconfig                    |    1 
 drivers/misc/lkdtm/bugs.c              |    4 +
 drivers/misc/lkdtm/usercopy.c          |    4 +
 fs/read_write.c                        |   69 ++++++++++-------
 fs/splice.c                            |  130 +++------------------------------
 include/linux/fs.h                     |    2 
 include/linux/uaccess.h                |   18 ++++
 lib/test_bitmap.c                      |   10 ++
 44 files changed, 235 insertions(+), 316 deletions(-)