Subject: [PATCH 0/4] more mm switching vs TLB shootdown and lazy tlb

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:00:18 +1000

This is an attempt to fix a few different related issues around
switching mm, TLB flushing, and lazy tlb mm handling.

This will require all architectures to eventually move to disabling
irqs over activate_mm, but it's possible we could add another arch
call after irqs are re-enabled for those few which can't do their
entire activation with irqs disabled.

I'd like some feedback on the sparc/powerpc vs kthread_use_mm
problem too.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (4):
  mm: fix exec activate_mm vs TLB shootdown and lazy tlb switching race
  powerpc: select ARCH_WANT_IRQS_OFF_ACTIVATE_MM
  sparc64: remove mm_cpumask clearing to fix kthread_use_mm race
  powerpc/64s/radix: Fix mm_cpumask trimming race vs kthread_use_mm

 arch/Kconfig                           |  7 +++
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                   |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu_context.h |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/tlb.h         | 13 ------
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_tlb.c   | 23 ++++++---
 arch/sparc/kernel/smp_64.c             | 65 ++++++--------------------
 fs/exec.c                              | 17 ++++++-
 7 files changed, 54 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0