Subject: [PATCH 0/8] shoot lazy tlbs

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 02:01:33 +1000

This is a rebase now on top of Arnd's asm-generic tree, which has
reduced most of the fluff from this patch series.

The x86 refactoring is still in the way a bit, I hope to get some
movement on that rather than rebase the main patches off it, because
I think it's a good cleanup. I think it could go in a generic
mm/scheduler series if we get arch acks because it's really just
refactoring wrappers.

The main result is reduced contention on lazy tlb mm refcount that
helps very big systems.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (8):
  lazy tlb: introduce exit_lazy_tlb
  x86: use exit_lazy_tlb rather than
    membarrier_mm_sync_core_before_usermode
  x86: remove ARCH_HAS_SYNC_CORE_BEFORE_USERMODE
  lazy tlb: introduce lazy mm refcount helper functions
  lazy tlb: allow lazy tlb mm switching to be configurable
  lazy tlb: shoot lazies, a non-refcounting lazy tlb option
  powerpc: use lazy mm refcount helper functions
  powerpc/64s: enable MMU_LAZY_TLB_SHOOTDOWN

 .../membarrier-sync-core/arch-support.txt     |  6 +-
 arch/Kconfig                                  | 24 +++++
 arch/arm/mach-rpc/ecard.c                     |  3 +-
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                     |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_tlb.c          |  5 +-
 arch/x86/Kconfig                              |  1 -
 arch/x86/include/asm/mmu_context.h            | 27 ++++++
 arch/x86/kernel/alternative.c                 |  2 +-
 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mce/core.c                |  2 +-
 drivers/misc/sgi-gru/grufault.c               |  2 +-
 drivers/misc/sgi-gru/gruhandles.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/misc/sgi-gru/grukservices.c           |  2 +-
 fs/exec.c                                     |  6 +-
 include/asm-generic/mmu_context.h             | 21 ++++
 include/linux/sched/mm.h                      | 34 ++++---
 include/linux/sync_core.h                     | 21 ----
 init/Kconfig                                  |  3 -
 kernel/cpu.c                                  |  6 +-
 kernel/exit.c                                 |  2 +-
 kernel/fork.c                                 | 53 ++++++++++
 kernel/kthread.c                              | 12 ++-
 kernel/sched/core.c                           | 97 +++++++++++++------
 kernel/sched/sched.h                          |  4 +-
 24 files changed, 247 insertions(+), 91 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 include/linux/sync_core.h

-- 
2.23.0