Subject: [PATCH] ASoC: fsl: fix -Wmaybe-uninitialized warning

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 16:44:15 +0100

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

Clang points out a code path that returns an undefined value
in an error case:

sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c:165:6: error: variable 'ret' is used uninitialized whenever 'if' condition is true [-Werror,-Wsom
etimes-uninitialized]
        if ((hdmi_out && hdmi_in) || (!hdmi_out && !hdmi_in)) {
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c:212:9: note: uninitialized use occurs here
        return ret;

The driver returns -EINVAL for other broken DT properties, so do
it the same way here.

Fixes: 6a5f850aa83a ("ASoC: fsl: Add imx-hdmi machine driver")
Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
---
 sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c b/sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c
index 2c2a76a71940..ede4a9ad1054 100644
--- a/sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c
+++ b/sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi.c
@@ -164,6 +164,7 @@ static int imx_hdmi_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
 
 	if ((hdmi_out && hdmi_in) || (!hdmi_out && !hdmi_in)) {
 		dev_err(&pdev->dev, "Invalid HDMI DAI link\n");
+		ret = -EINVAL;
 		goto fail;
 	}
 
-- 
2.29.2