Subject: [PATCH v4 00/21] powerpc: interrupt wrappers

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 22:24:47 +1000

This adds interrupt handler wrapper functions, similar to the
generic / x86 code, and moves several common operations into them
from either asm or open coded in the individual handlers.

Since v1:
- Fixed a couple of compile issues
- Fixed perf weirdness (sometimes NMI, sometimes not)
- Also move irq_enter/exit into wrappers

Since v2:
- Rebased upstream
- Took code in patch 3 from Christophe
- Fixed some compile errors from 0day

Since v3:
- Rebased
- Split Christophe's 32s DABR patch into its own patch
- Fixed missing asm from 32s on patch 3 noticed by Christophe.
- Moved changes around, split out one more patch (patch 9) to make
  changes more logical and atomic.
- Add comments explaining _RAW handlers (SLB, HPTE) interrupts better

Thanks,
Nick

Christophe Leroy (1):
  powerpc/32s: Do DABR match out of handle_page_fault()

Nicholas Piggin (20):
  powerpc/64s: move the last of the page fault handling logic to C
  powerpc: remove arguments from fault handler functions
  powerpc: bad_page_fault, do_break get registers from regs
  powerpc/perf: move perf irq/nmi handling details into traps.c
  powerpc: interrupt handler wrapper functions
  powerpc: add interrupt wrapper entry / exit stub functions
  powerpc: add interrupt_cond_local_irq_enable helper
  powerpc/64: context tracking remove _TIF_NOHZ
  powerpc/64s/hash: improve context tracking of hash faults
  powerpc/64: context tracking move to interrupt wrappers
  powerpc/64: add context tracking to asynchronous interrupts
  powerpc: handle irq_enter/irq_exit in interrupt handler wrappers
  powerpc/64s: move context tracking exit to interrupt exit path
  powerpc/64s: reconcile interrupts in C
  powerpc/64: move account_stolen_time into its own function
  powerpc/64: entry cpu time accounting in C
  powerpc: move NMI entry/exit code into wrapper
  powerpc/64s: move NMI soft-mask handling to C
  powerpc/64s: runlatch interrupt handling in C
  powerpc/64s: power4 nap fixup in C

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                       |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm-prototypes.h  |  29 --
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/bug.h             |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cputime.h         |  15 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/debug.h           |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hw_irq.h          |   9 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/interrupt.h       | 418 +++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc_asm.h         |  24 --
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h       |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/thread_info.h     |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/time.h            |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dbell.c                |  15 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_32.S             |  24 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S       |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S       | 307 ++-------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_40x.S             |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_8xx.S             |  11 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_book3s_32.S       |  14 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_booke.h           |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S          |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c                  |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/mce.c                  |  16 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c              |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace.c        |   4 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c               |   4 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c           |  30 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/tau_6xx.c              |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                 |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c                | 231 ++++++------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/watchdog.c             |  15 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c               |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c       |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/booke.c                   |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/hash_utils.c      |  92 +++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/slb.c             |  36 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/fault.c                    |  92 +++--
 arch/powerpc/perf/core-book3s.c            |  35 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/core-fsl-emb.c           |  25 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/8xx/machine_check.c |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c      |   1 +
 40 files changed, 813 insertions(+), 713 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/interrupt.h

-- 
2.23.0