Subject: [PATCH 00/13] KVM: PPC: Book3S: C-ify the P9 entry/exit code

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 16:35:29 +1000

This has a lot more implemented, things tidied up, and more things split
out. It's also implemented on top of powerpc next and kvm next which
have a few prerequisite patches (mainly removing EXSLB).

I've got a bunch more things after this including implementing HPT
guests with radix host in the "new" path -- whether we ever actually
want to do that, or port the legacy path up to C, or just leave it to
maintenance mode, I was just testing the waters there and making sure I
wasn't doing something fundamentally incompatible with hash.

I won't post anything further than this for now because I think it's a
good start and gets the total asm code for KVM entry and exit down to
about 160 lines plus the shim for the legacy paths. So would like to
concentrate on getting this in before juggling things around too much
or adding new things.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (13):
  powerpc/64s: Remove KVM handler support from CBE_RAS interrupts
  powerpc/64s: remove KVM SKIP test from instruction breakpoint handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Ensure MSR[ME] is always set in guest MSR
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: remove unused kvmppc_h_protect argument
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: move KVM interrupt entry to a common entry point
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move GUEST_MODE_SKIP test into KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: add hcall interrupt handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Move hcall early register setup to KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Move interrupt early register setup to KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: move bad_host_intr check to HV handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Minimise hcall handler calling convention
    differences
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Move radix MMU switching together in the P9 path
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Implement the rest of the P9 entry/exit handling
    in C

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm-prototypes.h |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h  |  13 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_asm.h        |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_64.h  |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h        |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S      | 257 +++----------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c            |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                 |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_entry.S        | 295 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c              |  69 +++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c      |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupt.c    | 208 +++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c       |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S   | 125 +--------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_segment.S         |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.c            |  32 +++
 16 files changed, 670 insertions(+), 370 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_entry.S
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupt.c

-- 
2.23.0