Subject: [PATCH v2 00/37] KVM: PPC: Book3S: C-ify the P9 entry/exit code

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 23:46:15 +1000

Since last posting, fixed a bunch of bugs, tidied things up, and
ironed out a few issues with XIVE.

I also got HPT guest and also host working on the new P9 path, which
allows major simplifications to the old path and moving P9 off it
completely, so I think that is really worth posting (I thought it
would be much more difficult).

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (37):
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: remove unused kvmppc_h_protect argument
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix CONFIG_SPAPR_TCE_IOMMU=n default hcalls
  powerpc/64s: Remove KVM handler support from CBE_RAS interrupts
  powerpc/64s: remove KVM SKIP test from instruction breakpoint handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Ensure MSR[ME] is always set in guest MSR
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: move KVM interrupt entry to a common entry point
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move GUEST_MODE_SKIP test into KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: add hcall interrupt handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move hcall early register setup to KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move interrupt early register setup to KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: move bad_host_intr check to HV handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Minimise hcall handler calling convention
    differences
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move radix MMU switching instructions together
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: implement kvmppc_xive_pull_vcpu in C
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move xive vcpu context management into
    kvmhv_p9_guest_entry
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Stop handling hcalls in real-mode in the P9
    path
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move setting HDEC after switching to guest
    LPCR
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Use large decrementer for HDEC
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Use host timer accounting to avoid decrementer
    read
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Reduce mftb per guest entry/exit
  powerpc: add set_dec_or_work API for safely updating decrementer
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Reduce irq_work vs guest decrementer races
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Implement the rest of the P9 path in C
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: inline kvmhv_load_hv_regs_and_go into
    __kvmhv_vcpu_entry_p9
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Read machine check registers while MSR[RI] is
    0
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Improve exit timing accounting coverage
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move SPR loading after expiry time check
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Add helpers for OS SPR handling
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Switch to guest MMU context as late as
    possible
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Implement radix prefetch workaround by disabling
    MMU
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove support for dependent threads mode on P9
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove radix guest support from P7/8 path
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: small pseries_do_hcall cleanup
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: add virtual mode handlers for HPT hcalls and page
    faults
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: implement hash guest support
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: implement hash host / hash guest support
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: remove POWER9 support from P7/8 paths

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm-prototypes.h |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h  |  13 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_asm.h        |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_64.h  |   8 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h       |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h        |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu_context.h    |   6 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/paca.h           |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/time.h           |  16 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S      | 257 ++-------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c            |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                |  20 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                 |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_entry.S        | 297 ++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c              | 590 ++++++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c      |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupt.c    | 493 +++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupts.S   |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_nested.c       |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_ras.c          |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c       |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S   | 625 +---------------------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_segment.S         |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.c            |  93 ++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c  |  27 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_tlb.c      |  46 --
 arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_context.c             |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c     |  52 +-
 28 files changed, 1342 insertions(+), 1270 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_entry.S
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupt.c

-- 
2.23.0