Subject: [PATCH] powerpc/fadump: Mark fadump_calculate_reserve_size as __init

From: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:50:14 -0700

If fadump_calculate_reserve_size() is not inlined, there is a modpost
warning:

WARNING: modpost: vmlinux.o(.text+0x5196c): Section mismatch in
reference from the function fadump_calculate_reserve_size() to the
function .init.text:parse_crashkernel()
The function fadump_calculate_reserve_size() references
the function __init parse_crashkernel().
This is often because fadump_calculate_reserve_size lacks a __init
annotation or the annotation of parse_crashkernel is wrong.

fadump_calculate_reserve_size() calls parse_crashkernel(), which is
marked as __init and fadump_calculate_reserve_size() is called from
within fadump_reserve_mem(), which is also marked as __init.

Mark fadump_calculate_reserve_size() as __init to fix the section
mismatch. Additionally, remove the inline keyword as it is not necessary
to inline this function; the compiler is still free to do so if it feels
it is worthwhile since commit 889b3c1245de ("compiler: remove
CONFIG_OPTIMIZE_INLINING entirely").

Fixes: 11550dc0a00b ("powerpc/fadump: reuse crashkernel parameter for fadump memory reservation")
Link: https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/linux/issues/1300
Signed-off-by: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
---

Send while streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/nathanchance :P

 arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c
index 8482739d42f3..eddf362caedc 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c
@@ -292,7 +292,7 @@ static void fadump_show_config(void)
  * that is required for a kernel to boot successfully.
  *
  */
-static inline u64 fadump_calculate_reserve_size(void)
+static __init u64 fadump_calculate_reserve_size(void)
 {
 	u64 base, size, bootmem_min;
 	int ret;

base-commit: 5c88a17e15795226b56d83f579cbb9b7a4864f79
-- 
2.31.0.rc0.75.gec125d1bc1