Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Speedup mremap on ppc64

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 17:08:18 +0530

This patchset enables MOVE_PMD/MOVE_PUD support on power. This requires
the platform to support updating higher-level page tables without
updating page table entries. This also needs to invalidate the Page Walk
Cache on architecture supporting the same.

The patchset does that by switching the page table update to use mmu gather
interface instead of direct tlb flush. mmu gather allows the architecture
to manage page walk cache invalidate separately.

Changes from V1:
* Rebase to recent upstream
* Fix build issues with tlb_gather_mmu changes

Aneesh Kumar K.V (6):
  selftest/mremap_test: Update the test to handle pagesize other than 4K
  selftest/mremap_test: Avoid crash with static build
  mm/mremap: Use pmd/pud_poplulate to update page table entries
  mm/mremap: Use mmu gather interface instead of flush_tlb_range
  mm/mremap: Allow arch runtime override
  powerpc/mm: Enable move pmd/pud

 arch/arc/include/asm/tlb.h               |   5 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/tlb.h             |   6 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/tlb.h           |   6 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype   |   2 +
 arch/x86/include/asm/tlb.h               |   5 +
 mm/mremap.c                              |  54 +++++++++--
 tools/testing/selftests/vm/mremap_test.c | 118 ++++++++++++-----------
 7 files changed, 133 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2