Subject: [PATCH v4 00/46] KVM: PPC: Book3S: C-ify the P9 entry/exit code

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:02:19 +1000

I think enough changes and fixes have gone in since last round
to repost.

I put a git tree here to make things easier to get.

https://github.com/npiggin/linux/tree/kvm-in-c-2

Main changes since v3:
- Hopefully fixed LPCR sanising [from Fabiano review]
- Added MSR[HV] clearing of guest MSR (like MSR[ME] setting).
- Restored a lost comment about PPR saving, improved comments a bit
  [Daniel review]
- Added isyncs, removed XXX isync comment.
- Fixed cede comment [Fabiano]
- In stop handling real mode handlers patch, fixed problem of nested
  hcall handler calling cede and xics hcalls and consuming them
  [Fabiano]
- Filter xics hcalls from being consumed if !kvmppc_xics_enabled
  [Fabiano, Alexey noticed and Cedric provided the right recipe and
   comment]
- Removed some more of radix, nested, and virt mode paths from the
  P7/8 code [noticed by Alexey].
- Rebased on 5.12-rc4
- Hopefully I responded to all reviews and collected all reviewed-bys.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (46):
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Nested move LPCR sanitising to sanitise_hv_regs
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Add a function to filter guest LPCR bits
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Disallow LPCR[AIL] to be set to 1 or 2
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Prevent radix guests from setting LPCR[TC]
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove redundant mtspr PSPB
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: remove unused kvmppc_h_protect argument
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix CONFIG_SPAPR_TCE_IOMMU=n default hcalls
  powerpc/64s: Remove KVM handler support from CBE_RAS interrupts
  powerpc/64s: remove KVM SKIP test from instruction breakpoint handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Ensure MSR[ME] is always set in guest MSR
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Ensure MSR[HV] is always clear in guest MSR
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: move KVM interrupt entry to a common entry point
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move GUEST_MODE_SKIP test into KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: add hcall interrupt handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move hcall early register setup to KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Move interrupt early register setup to KVM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: move bad_host_intr check to HV handler
  KVM: PPC: Book3S 64: Minimise hcall handler calling convention
    differences
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move radix MMU switching instructions together
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: implement kvmppc_xive_pull_vcpu in C
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move xive vcpu context management into
    kvmhv_p9_guest_entry
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Stop handling hcalls in real-mode in the P9
    path
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move setting HDEC after switching to guest
    LPCR
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Use large decrementer for HDEC
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Use host timer accounting to avoid decrementer
    read
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Reduce mftb per guest entry/exit
  powerpc: add set_dec_or_work API for safely updating decrementer
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Reduce irq_work vs guest decrementer races
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Implement the rest of the P9 path in C
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: inline kvmhv_load_hv_regs_and_go into
    __kvmhv_vcpu_entry_p9
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Read machine check registers while MSR[RI] is
    0
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Improve exit timing accounting coverage
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Move SPR loading after expiry time check
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Add helpers for OS SPR handling
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Switch to guest MMU context as late as
    possible
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Implement radix prefetch workaround by disabling
    MMU
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove support for dependent threads mode on P9
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove radix guest support from P7/8 path
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove virt mode checks from real mode handlers
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Remove unused nested HV tests in XICS emulation
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: Allow all P9 processors to enable nested HV
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: small pseries_do_hcall cleanup
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: add virtual mode handlers for HPT hcalls and page
    faults
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: implement hash guest support
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV P9: implement hash host / hash guest support
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: remove ISA v3.0 and v3.1 support from P7/8 path

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm-prototypes.h |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h  |  13 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_asm.h        |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s.h     |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_64.h  |   8 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h       |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h        |  20 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu_context.h    |   6 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/time.h           |  16 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S      | 257 ++------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c            |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                |  21 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                 |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c                 |  11 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_entry.S        | 394 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio_hv.c       |  12 -
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c              | 730 ++++++++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c      | 138 +---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupt.c    | 528 ++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupts.S   |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_nested.c       |  22 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_ras.c          |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c       |  15 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_xics.c      |  15 -
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S   | 641 +------------------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_segment.S         |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.c            | 119 +++-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.h            |   7 -
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive_native.c     |  10 -
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c  |  27 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_tlb.c      |  46 --
 arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_context.c             |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c     |  52 +-
 33 files changed, 1632 insertions(+), 1518 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_entry.S
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupt.c

-- 
2.23.0