Subject: Re: Linux powerpc new system call instruction and ABI

From: "Dmitry V. Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 23:52:04 +0300

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 05:00:36PM -0300, Matheus Castanho wrote:
> Florian Weimer <[email-masked]> writes:
> > * Matheus Castanho via Libc-alpha:
> >> From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
> >> Subject: [PATCH 1/1] powerpc: Fix handling of scv return error codes
> >>
> >> When using scv on templated ASM syscalls, current code interprets any
> >> negative return value as error, but the only valid error codes are in
> >> the range -4095..-1 according to the ABI.
> >>
> >> Reviewed-by: Matheus Castanho <[email-masked]>
> >
> > Please reference bug 27892 in the commit message.  I'd also appreciate a
> > backport to the 2.33 release branch (where you need to add NEWS manually
> > to add the bug reference).
> 
> No problem. [BZ #27892] appended to the commit title. I'll make sure to
> backport to 2.33 as well.

Could you also mention in the commit message that the change fixes
'signal.gen.test' strace test where it was observed initially?

-- 
ldv