Subject: [PATCH v7 00/11] Speedup mremap on ppc64

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 11:21:20 +0530

This patchset enables MOVE_PMD/MOVE_PUD support on power. This requires
the platform to support updating higher-level page tables without
updating page table entries. This also needs to invalidate the Page Walk
Cache on architecture supporting the same.

Changes from v6:
* Update ppc64 flush_tlb_range to invalidate page walk cache.
* Add patches to fix race between mremap and page out
* Add patch to fix build error with page table levels 2

Changes from v5:
* Drop patch mm/mremap: Move TLB flush outside page table lock
* Add fixes for race between optimized mremap and page out

Changes from v4:
* Change function name and arguments based on review feedback.

Changes from v3:
* Fix build error reported by kernel test robot
* Address review feedback.

Changes from v2:
* switch from using mmu_gather to flush_pte_tlb_pwc_range() 

Changes from v1:
* Rebase to recent upstream
* Fix build issues with tlb_gather_mmu changes

Aneesh Kumar K.V (11):
  mm/mremap: Fix race between MOVE_PMD mremap and pageout
  mm/mremap: Fix race between MOVE_PUD mremap and pageout
  selftest/mremap_test: Update the test to handle pagesize other than 4K
  selftest/mremap_test: Avoid crash with static build
  mm/mremap: Convert huge PUD move to separate helper
  mm/mremap: Don't enable optimized PUD move if page table levels is 2
  mm/mremap: Use pmd/pud_poplulate to update page table entries
  powerpc/mm/book3s64: Fix possible build error
  mm/mremap: Allow arch runtime override
  powerpc/book3s64/mm: Update flush_tlb_range to flush page walk cache
  powerpc/mm: Enable HAVE_MOVE_PMD support

 .../include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush-radix.h    |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/tlb.h                |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_hugetlbpage.c  |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_tlb.c          |  70 +++++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype        |   2 +
 include/linux/rmap.h                          |  13 +-
 mm/mremap.c                                   | 104 +++++++++++++--
 mm/page_vma_mapped.c                          |  43 ++++---
 tools/testing/selftests/vm/mremap_test.c      | 118 ++++++++++--------
 9 files changed, 251 insertions(+), 115 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1