Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Nested guest state sanitising changes

From: Fabiano Rosas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 17:17:08 -0300

This series aims to stop contaminating the l2_hv structure with bits
that might have come from L1 state.

Patch 1 makes l2_hv read-only (mostly). It is now only changed when we
explicitly want to pass information to L1.

Patch 2 makes sure that L1 is not forwarded HFU interrupts when the
host has decided to disable any facilities (theoretical for now, since
HFSCR bits are always the same between L1/Ln).

Changes since v4:
- moved setting of the Cause bits under BOOK3S_INTERRUPT_H_FAC_UNAVAIL.

v4:

- now passing lpcr separately into load_l2_hv_regs to solve the
  conflict with commit a19b70abc69a ("KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Nested move
  LPCR sanitising to sanitise_hv_regs");

- patch 2 now forwards a HEAI instead of injecting a Program.

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

v3:

- removed the sanitise functions;
- moved the entry code into a new load_l2_hv_regs and the exit code
  into the existing save_hv_return_state;
- new patch: removes the cause bits when L0 has disabled the
  corresponding facility.

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

v2:

- made the change more generic, not only applies to hfscr anymore;
- sanitisation is now done directly on the vcpu struct, l2_hv is left
  unchanged.

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

v1:
https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Fabiano Rosas (2):
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Sanitise vcpu registers in nested path
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Stop forwarding all HFUs to L1

 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_nested.c | 118 ++++++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 68 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2