Subject: [PATCH v2 3/5] tools: Move x86 syscall number fallbacks to .../uapi/

From: Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 15:50:00 -0700

Move unistd_{32,64}.h from x86/include/asm to x86/include/uapi/asm so
that tools/selftests that install kernel headers, e.g. KVM selftests, can
include non-uapi tools headers, e.g. to get 'struct list_head', without
effectively overriding the installed non-tool uapi headers.

Swapping KVM's search order, e.g. to search the kernel headers before
tool headers, is not a viable option as doing results in linux/type.h and
other core headers getting pulled from the kernel headers, which do not
have the kernel-internal typedefs that are used through tools, including
many files outside of selftests/kvm's control.

Prior to commit cec07f53c398 ("perf tools: Move syscall number fallbacks
from perf-sys.h to tools/arch/x86/include/asm/"), the handcoded numbers
were actual fallbacks, i.e. overriding unistd_{32,64}.h from the kernel
headers was unintentional.

Signed-off-by: Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]>
---
 tools/arch/x86/include/{ => uapi}/asm/unistd_32.h | 0
 tools/arch/x86/include/{ => uapi}/asm/unistd_64.h | 0
 2 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 rename tools/arch/x86/include/{ => uapi}/asm/unistd_32.h (100%)
 rename tools/arch/x86/include/{ => uapi}/asm/unistd_64.h (100%)

diff --git a/tools/arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32.h b/tools/arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/unistd_32.h
similarity index 100%
rename from tools/arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32.h
rename to tools/arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/unistd_32.h
diff --git a/tools/arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_64.h b/tools/arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/unistd_64.h
similarity index 100%
rename from tools/arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_64.h
rename to tools/arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/unistd_64.h
-- 
2.33.0.rc2.250.ged5fa647cd-goog