Subject: [PATCH 0/3] memblock: cleanup memblock_free interface

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:43:32 +0300

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Following the discussion on [1] this is the fix for memblock freeing APIs
mismatch. 

The first patch is a cleanup of numa_distance allocation in arch_numa I've
spotted during the conversion.
The second patch is a fix for Xen memory freeing on some of the error
paths.

The core change is in the third patch that makes memblock_free() a
counterpart of memblock_alloc() and adds memblock_phys_alloc() to be a
counterpart of memblock_phys_alloc().

Since scripts/get_maintainer.pl returned more than 100 addresses I've
trimmed the distribution list only to the relevant lists.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAHk-=wj9k4LZTz+svCxLYs5Y1=[email-masked]

Mike Rapoport (3):
  arch_numa: simplify numa_distance allocation
  xen/x86: free_p2m_page: use memblock_free_ptr() to free a virtual pointer
  memblock: cleanup memblock_free interface

 arch/alpha/kernel/core_irongate.c         |  2 +-
 arch/arc/mm/init.c                        |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-hisi/platmcpm.c             |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mm/init.c                        |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c                       |  4 ++--
 arch/mips/mm/init.c                       |  2 +-
 arch/mips/sgi-ip30/ip30-setup.c           |  6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dt_cpu_ftrs.c         |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/paca.c                |  4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c        |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c            |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci-ioda.c |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/svm.c      |  4 +---
 arch/riscv/kernel/setup.c                 |  4 ++--
 arch/s390/kernel/setup.c                  |  8 ++++----
 arch/s390/kernel/smp.c                    |  4 ++--
 arch/s390/kernel/uv.c                     |  2 +-
 arch/s390/mm/kasan_init.c                 |  2 +-
 arch/sh/boards/mach-ap325rxa/setup.c      |  2 +-
 arch/sh/boards/mach-ecovec24/setup.c      |  4 ++--
 arch/sh/boards/mach-kfr2r09/setup.c       |  2 +-
 arch/sh/boards/mach-migor/setup.c         |  2 +-
 arch/sh/boards/mach-se/7724/setup.c       |  4 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/smp_64.c                |  2 +-
 arch/um/kernel/mem.c                      |  2 +-
 arch/x86/kernel/setup.c                   |  4 ++--
 arch/x86/kernel/setup_percpu.c            |  2 +-
 arch/x86/mm/init.c                        |  2 +-
 arch/x86/mm/kasan_init_64.c               |  4 ++--
 arch/x86/mm/numa.c                        |  2 +-
 arch/x86/mm/numa_emulation.c              |  2 +-
 arch/x86/xen/mmu_pv.c                     |  6 +++---
 arch/x86/xen/p2m.c                        |  2 +-
 arch/x86/xen/setup.c                      |  6 +++---
 drivers/base/arch_numa.c                  | 10 ++++------
 drivers/firmware/efi/memmap.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/macintosh/smu.c                   |  2 +-
 drivers/of/kexec.c                        |  2 +-
 drivers/of/of_reserved_mem.c              |  4 ++--
 drivers/s390/char/sclp_early.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/usb/early/xhci-dbc.c              | 10 +++++-----
 drivers/xen/swiotlb-xen.c                 |  2 +-
 include/linux/memblock.h                  | 16 ++--------------
 init/initramfs.c                          |  2 +-
 init/main.c                               |  2 +-
 kernel/dma/swiotlb.c                      |  2 +-
 kernel/printk/printk.c                    |  4 ++--
 lib/bootconfig.c                          |  2 +-
 lib/cpumask.c                             |  2 +-
 mm/cma.c                                  |  2 +-
 mm/memblock.c                             | 20 ++++++++++----------
 mm/memory_hotplug.c                       |  2 +-
 mm/percpu.c                               |  8 ++++----
 mm/sparse.c                               |  2 +-
 tools/bootconfig/include/linux/memblock.h |  2 +-
 55 files changed, 94 insertions(+), 110 deletions(-)

base-commit: e4e737bb5c170df6135a127739a9e6148ee3da82
-- 
2.28.0