Subject: [V2 0/4] powerpc/perf: Add instruction and data address registers to extended regs

From: Athira Rajeev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 17:50:51 +0530

Patch set adds PMU registers namely Sampled Instruction Address Register
(SIAR) and Sampled Data Address Register (SDAR) as part of extended regs
in PowerPC. These registers provides the instruction/data address and
adding these to extended regs helps in debug purposes.

Patch 1/4 and 2/4 refactors the existing macro definition of
PERF_REG_PMU_MASK_300 and PERF_REG_PMU_MASK_31 to make it more
readable.
Patch 3/4 adds SIAR and SDAR as part of the extended regs mask.
Patch 4/4 includes perf tools side changes to add the SPRs to
sample_reg_mask to use with -I? option.

Changelog:
Change from v1 -> v2:
Addressed review comments from Michael Ellerman
- Refactored the perf reg extended mask value macros for
  PERF_REG_PMU_MASK_300 and PERF_REG_PMU_MASK_31 to
  make it more readable. Also moved PERF_REG_EXTENDED_MAX
  along with enum definition similar to PERF_REG_POWERPC_MAX.

Athira Rajeev (4):
  powerpc/perf: Refactor the code definition of perf reg extended mask
  tools/perf: Refactor the code definition of perf reg extended mask in
    tools side header file
  powerpc/perf: Expose instruction and data address registers as part of
    extended regs
  tools/perf: Add perf tools support to expose instruction and data
    address registers as part of extended regs

 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/perf_regs.h     | 28 ++++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/perf/perf_regs.c                 |  4 +++
 .../arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/perf_regs.h | 28 ++++++++++++-------
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/include/perf_regs.h   |  2 ++
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/perf_regs.c      |  2 ++
 5 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.1 (Apple Git-130)