Subject: [PATCH 0/5] KVM: Turn the vcpu array into an xarray

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 19:20:56 +0000

The kvm structure is pretty large. A large portion of it is the vcpu
array, which is 4kB on x86_64 and arm64 as they deal with 512 vcpu
VMs. Of course, hardly anyone runs VMs this big, so this is often a
net waste of memory and cache locality.

A possible approach is to turn the fixed-size array into an xarray,
which results in a net code deletion after a bit of cleanup.

This series is on top of the current linux/master as it touches the
RISC-V implementation. Only tested on arm64.

Marc Zyngier (5):
  KVM: Move wiping of the kvm->vcpus array to common code
  KVM: mips: Use kvm_get_vcpu() instead of open-coded access
  KVM: s390: Use kvm_get_vcpu() instead of open-coded access
  KVM: x86: Use kvm_get_vcpu() instead of open-coded access
  KVM: Convert the kvm->vcpus array to a xarray

 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c           | 10 +---------
 arch/mips/kvm/loongson_ipi.c   |  4 ++--
 arch/mips/kvm/mips.c           | 23 ++---------------------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c     | 10 +---------
 arch/riscv/kvm/vm.c            | 10 +---------
 arch/s390/kvm/kvm-s390.c       | 26 ++++++--------------------
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/posted_intr.c |  2 +-
 arch/x86/kvm/x86.c             |  9 +--------
 include/linux/kvm_host.h       |  7 ++++---
 virt/kvm/kvm_main.c            | 33 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 10 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.2