Subject: Re: Build regressions/improvements in v5.16-rc1

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 10:15:42 +0100

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 05:12:50PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> >   + error: modpost: "mips_cm_is64" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!:  => N/A
> >   + error: modpost: "mips_cm_lock_other" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!:  => N/A
> >   + error: modpost: "mips_cm_unlock_other" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!:  => N/A
> >   + error: modpost: "mips_cpc_base" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!:  => N/A
> >   + error: modpost: "mips_gcr_base" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!:  => N/A
> 
> mips-allmodconfig

there is a patchset fixing this

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

> > 3 warning regressions:
> >   + <stdin>: warning: #warning syscall futex_waitv not implemented [-Wcpp]:  => 1559:2
> 
> powerpc, m68k, mips, s390, parisc (and probably more)

I've queued a patch to fix this for mips.

Thomas.

-- 
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]