Subject: [PATCH 0/3] of/fdt: Rework early FDT scanning functions

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:12:09 -0600

The early FDT scanning functions use of_scan_flat_dt() which implements 
its own node walking method. This function predates libfdt and is an 
unnecessary indirection. This series reworks 
early_init_dt_scan_chosen(), early_init_dt_scan_root(), and 
early_init_dt_scan_memory() to be called directly and use libfdt calls.

Ultimately, I want to remove of_scan_flat_dt(). Most of the remaining 
of_scan_flat_dt() users are in powerpc.

Rob

Rob Herring (3):
  of/fdt: Rework early_init_dt_scan_chosen() to call directly
  of/fdt: Rework early_init_dt_scan_root() to call directly
  of/fdt: Rework early_init_dt_scan_memory() to call directly

 arch/mips/ralink/of.c                |  16 +---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c           |  22 ++---
 arch/powerpc/mm/nohash/kaslr_booke.c |   4 +-
 drivers/of/fdt.c                     | 121 ++++++++++++++-------------
 include/linux/of_fdt.h               |   9 +-
 5 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0