Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] sysctl: second set of kernel/sysctl cleanups

From: Luis Chamberlain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:24:14 -0800

This is the 2nd set of kernel/sysctl.c cleanups. The diff stat should
reflect how this is a much better way to deal with theses. Fortunately
coccinelle can be used to ensure correctness for most of these and/or
future merge conflicts.

Note that since this is part of a larger effort to cleanup
kernel/sysctl.c I think we have no other option but to go with
merging these patches in either Andrew's tree or keep them staged
in a separate tree and send a merge request later. Otherwise
kernel/sysctl.c will end up becoming a sore spot for the next
merge window.

Changes in this v2:

 * As suggested by Eric W. Biederman I dropped the subdir new call
   and just used the register_sysctl() by specifying the parent
   directory.
 * 0-day cleanups, commit log enhancements
 * Updated the coccinelle patch with register_sysctl()

Luis Chamberlain (6):
  hpet: simplify subdirectory registration with register_sysctl()
  i915: simplify subdirectory registration with register_sysctl()
  macintosh/mac_hid.c: simplify subdirectory registration with
    register_sysctl()
  ocfs2: simplify subdirectory registration with register_sysctl()
  test_sysctl: simplify subdirectory registration with register_sysctl()
  cdrom: simplify subdirectory registration with register_sysctl()

Xiaoming Ni (2):
  inotify: simplify subdirectory registration with register_sysctl()
  eventpoll: simplify sysctl declaration with register_sysctl()

 drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c            | 23 +----------------------
 drivers/char/hpet.c              | 22 +---------------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_perf.c | 22 +---------------------
 drivers/macintosh/mac_hid.c      | 24 +-----------------------
 fs/eventpoll.c                   | 10 +++++++++-
 fs/notify/inotify/inotify_user.c | 11 ++++++++++-
 fs/ocfs2/stackglue.c             | 25 +------------------------
 include/linux/inotify.h          |  3 ---
 include/linux/poll.h             |  2 --
 include/linux/sysctl.h           |  1 -
 kernel/sysctl.c                  | 28 ----------------------------
 lib/test_sysctl.c                | 22 +---------------------
 12 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 168 deletions(-)

-- 
2.33.0