Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/6] treewide: remove using list iterator after loop body as a ptr

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 10:21:24 -0800

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 12:28:15PM +0100, Jakob Koschel wrote:
> Based on the coccinelle script there are ~480 cases that need fixing
> in total. I'll now finish all of them and then split them by
> submodules as Greg suggested and repost a patch set per submodule.
> Sounds good?

To help with this splitting, see:
https://github.com/kees/kernel-tools/blob/trunk/split-on-maintainer

It's not perfect, but it'll get you really close. For example, if you
had a single big tree-wide patch applied to your tree:

$ rm 0*.patch
$ git format-patch -1 HEAD
$ mv 0*.patch treewide.patch
$ split-on-maintainer treewide.patch
$ ls 0*.patch

If you have a build log before the patch that spits out warnings, the
--build-log argument can extract those warnings on a per-file basis, too
(though this can be fragile).

-- 
Kees Cook