Subject: [PATCH v6 00/23] Rust support

From: Miguel Ojeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:23:58 +0200

Rust support

This is the patch series (v6) to add support for Rust as a second
language to the Linux kernel.

If you are interested in following this effort, please join us in
the mailing list at:

    [email-masked]

and take a look at the project itself at:

    https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux

As usual, special thanks go to ISRG (Internet Security Research
Group) and Google for their financial support on this endeavor.

Cheers,
Miguel

--

# Rust support

This cover letter explains the major changes and updates done since
the previous ones. For those, please see:

    RFC: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
    v1:  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
    v2:  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
    v3:  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
    v4:  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
    v5:  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

## Infrastructure updates

There have been several improvements to the overall Rust support:

  - The toolchain and `alloc` have been upgraded to Rust 1.60.0.
    This version stabilized `feature(maybe_uninit_extra)` that we
    are using.

  - Support running documentation tests in-kernel, based on KUnit.

    Rust documentation tests are typically examples of usage of any
    item (e.g. function, struct, module...). They are very convenient
    because they are just written alongside the documentation, e.g.:

        /// Sums two numbers.
        ///
        /// # Examples
        ///
        /// ```
        /// assert_eq!(mymod::f(10, 20), 30);
        /// ```
        pub fn f(a: i32, b: i32) -> i32 {
            a + b
        }

    So far, we were compiling and running them in the host as any
    other Rust documentation test. However, that meant we could not
    run tests that used kernel APIs (though we were compile-testing
    them, which was already useful to keep the documentation in sync
    with the code).

    Now, the documentation tests for the `kernel` crate are
    transformed into a KUnit test suite during compilation and run
    within the kernel at boot time, if enabled. This means now we can
    run the tests that use kernel APIs.

    They look like this (their name is generated by `rustdoc`, based
    on the file and line):

        [    0.581961] TAP version 14
        [    0.582092] 1..1
        [    0.582267]     # Subtest: rust_kernel_doctests
        [    0.582358]     1..70
        [    0.583626]     ok 1 - rust_kernel_doctest_build_assert_rs_12_0
        [    0.584579]     ok 2 - rust_kernel_doctest_build_assert_rs_55_0
        [    0.587357]     ok 3 - rust_kernel_doctest_device_rs_361_0
        [    0.588037]     ok 4 - rust_kernel_doctest_device_rs_386_0

        ...

        [    0.659249]     ok 69 - rust_kernel_doctest_types_rs_445_0
        [    0.660451]     ok 70 - rust_kernel_doctest_types_rs_509_0
        [    0.660680] # rust_kernel_doctests: pass:70 fail:0 skip:0 total:70
        [    0.660894] # Totals: pass:70 fail:0 skip:0 total:70
        [    0.661135] ok 1 - rust_kernel_doctests

    There are other benefits from this, such as being able to remove
    unneeded wrapper functions (that were used to avoid running
    some tests) as well as ensuring test code would actually compile
    within the kernel (e.g. `alloc` used different `cfg`s).

  - Tests are now (and are enforced to be) Clippy-clean, like the rest
    of the Rust kernel code (i.e. according to the same rules).

  - Other cleanups, fixes and improvements.

## Abstractions and driver updates

Some of the improvements to the abstractions and example drivers are:

  - The start of networking support (`net` module), with types like:

    + `Namespace` (based on `struct net`).
    + `SkBuff` (based on `struct sk_buff`).
    + `Ipv4Addr` (based on `struct in_addr`), and its v6 equivalent.
    + `SocketAddrV4` (based on `struct sockaddr_in`), and its v6
      equivalent.
    + `TcpListener` and `TcpStream` (based on `struct socket`).

  - The beginning of `async` support (`kasync` module).

    Rust provides support for asynchronous programming in a way that
    can be used in constrained environments, including the kernel.

    For instance, this allows us to write asynchronous TCP socket code
    within the kernel such as:

        async fn echo_server(stream: TcpStream) -> Result {
            let mut buf = [0u8; 1024];
            loop {
                let n = stream.read(&mut buf).await?;
                if n == 0 {
                    return Ok(());
                }
                stream.write_all(&buf[..n]).await?;
           }
        }

    This code looks very close to a synchronous version, yet it
    supports being driven to completion "step by step" by an executor.
    The `read()`/`write_all()` calls above, instead of blocking the
    current thread, return a future which can be polled. The `.await`
    points poll the future and, if the result is not ready, suspend
    the state such that execution resumes there later on (the state
    machine needed for this gets implemented by the compiler). This
    allows an executor to drive multiple futures to completion
    concurrently on the same thread.

    An executor is not included yet, but `kasync` includes async
    versions of `TcpListener` and `TcpStream` (based on the non-async
    ones) which employ `SocketFuture` (which in turn uses a
    `struct wait_queue_entry`).

  - Support for network packet filters (`net::filter` module) and its
    related `rust_netfilter.rs` sample.

  - Added `smutex::Mutex`: a simple mutex that does not require
    pinning, so that the ergonomics are much improved, though the
    implementation is not as feature-rich as the C-based one.

  - New `NoWaitLock`: one that never waits, that is, if it is owned
    by another thread/CPU, then attempts to acquire it will fail
    (instead of, for example, blocking the caller).

  - Added `RawSpinLock` (backed by `raw_spinlock_t`), used when code
    sections cannot sleep even in real-time variants of the kernel.

  - Added `ARef`, an owned reference to an always-refcounted object,
    meant to simplify how we define wrappers to types defined on the
    C side of the source code.

  - Other cleanups, fixes and improvements.

## Patch series status

The Rust support is still to be considered experimental. However,
support is good enough that kernel developers can start working on the
Rust abstractions for subsystems and write drivers and other modules.

The current series has just arrived in `linux-next`, as usual.
Similarly, the preview docs for this series can be seen at:

    https://rust-for-linux.github.io/docs/kernel/

As usual, please see the following link for the live list of unstable
Rust features we are using:

    https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux/issues/2

## Conferences, meetings and liaisons

We would like to announce the Rust MC (microconference) in
the upcoming LPC 2022 (Linux Plumbers Conference):

    https://lpc.events/event/16/contributions/1159/

The Rust MC intends to cover talks and discussions on both Rust for
Linux as well as other non-kernel Rust topics. The Call for Proposals
is open!

Furthermore, we would like to thank you the venues we were invited to:

  - Rust Linz 2022
  - Linux Foundation Live Mentorship Series

## Related news

`rustc_codegen_gcc` (the GCC backend for `rustc`) can now bootstrap
`rustc`! In addition, GCC 12.1 (just released) carries some of the
patches that were needed by the project in upstream `libgccjit`; and
the project is looking into getting distributed with `rustup`.

`gccrs` (the Rust frontend for GCC) has got a second full time
developer working on it, Arthur Cohen, as well as a lot of technical
progress too, such as a new testing project, slice generation support
and macro-related work.

## Acknowledgements

The signatures in the main commits correspond to the people that
wrote code that has ended up in them at the present time. For details
on contributions to code and discussions, please see our repository:

    https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux

However, we would like to give credit to everyone that has contributed
in one way or another to the Rust for Linux project. Since the
previous cover letter:

  - Andy Shevchenko, Petr Mladek, Sergey Senozhatsky for their review
    of the `vsprintf` patch.

  - Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo and Andrii Nakryiko for their input on
    `pahole` and BTF, Arnaldo for adding support `pahole` for `--lang`
    and `--lang_exclude` (useful to skip Rust CUs) and Martin Reboredo
    for reporting the `CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_BTF` issue.

  - Daniel Latypov, David Gow and Brendan Higgins for their input
    on KUnit and their reviews on a prerequisite Rust patch on it.

  - Kees Cook for reviewing the kallsyms prerequisite patches.

  - Greg Kroah-Hartman for his suggestions on the `alloc` patch.

  - Daniel Paoliello for his ongoing work on adding more `try_*`
    methods to `Vec` in the standard library. Currently, we have some
    similar methods in our custom `alloc` that we could drop once
    equivalents arrive upstream. Also John Ericson for his reviews.

  - bjorn3 for reviewing many PRs and the input around potential UB
    in doctests.

  - As usual, bjorn3 and Gary Guo for all the input on Rust compiler
    details and suggestions.

  - Adam Bratschi-Kaye for working on `seq_file` and `debugfs`
    abstractions.

  - Maciej Falkowski for continuing his work on the Samsung Exynos
    TRNG driver and the required abstractions around it, such as
    adding `delay`, `ktime` and `iopoll` abstractions, new methods
    to `platform::Device` and run-time power management abstractions.

  - Daniel Xu for working on adding a Rust allocator based on the
    `kvmalloc` family of functions.

  - Hongyu Li for working on Rust iterators as the equivalent of
    `cpumask`'s `for_each_*_cpu`.

  - Andreas Hindborg for adding support to `kernel::Pages` methods to
    allow read/write of multiple pages.

  - Sergio González Collado for working on adding `#[cold]` attributes
    for error-related items and GitHub CI problem matchers.

  - Sean Nash for updating the out-of-tree-module example due to a
    change in the main repository.

  - Michael Ellerman, Nicholas Piggin, Paul E. McKenney and Zhouyi
    Zhou for debugging the `CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS=n` stall issue
    in PowerPC that we triggered in our CI.

  - Jonathan Corbet for writing an LWN article on the crates
    discussion that took place in the Rust for Linux mailing list.

  - Wei Liu for taking the time to answer questions from newcomers
    in Zulip.

  - Philip Li, Yujie Liu et al. for continuing their work on adding
    Rust support to the Intel 0DAY/LKP kernel test robot.

  - Philip Herron and Arthur Cohen (and his supporters Open Source
    Security and Embecosm) et al. for their ongoing work on GCC Rust.

  - Antoni Boucher (and his supporters) et al. for their ongoing
    work on `rustc_codegen_gcc`.

  - Mats Larsen, Marc Poulhiès et al. for their ongoing work on
    improving Rust support in Compiler Explorer.

  - Many folks that have reported issues, tested the project,
    helped spread the word, joined discussions and contributed in
    other ways!

Please see also the acknowledgements on the previous cover letters.

Boqun Feng (1):
  kallsyms: avoid hardcoding the buffer size

Gary Guo (2):
  rust: add `build_error` crate
  vsprintf: add new `%pA` format specifier

Miguel Ojeda (16):
  kallsyms: support "big" kernel symbols
  kallsyms: increase maximum kernel symbol length to 512
  kunit: take `kunit_assert` as `const`
  rust: add C helpers
  rust: add `compiler_builtins` crate
  rust: import upstream `alloc` crate
  rust: adapt `alloc` crate to the kernel
  rust: add `macros` crate
  rust: export generated symbols
  scripts: add `rustdoc_test_{builder,gen}.py` scripts
  scripts: add `generate_rust_analyzer.py` scripts
  scripts: decode_stacktrace: demangle Rust symbols
  docs: add Rust documentation
  Kbuild: add Rust support
  samples: add Rust examples
  MAINTAINERS: Rust

Wedson Almeida Filho (4):
  rust: add `kernel` crate's `sync` module
  rust: add `kernel` crate
  [RFC] drivers: gpio: PrimeCell PL061 in Rust
  [RFC] drivers: android: Binder IPC in Rust

 .gitignore                                   |    5 +
 .rustfmt.toml                                |   12 +
 Documentation/doc-guide/kernel-doc.rst       |    3 +
 Documentation/index.rst                      |    1 +
 Documentation/kbuild/kbuild.rst              |   17 +
 Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.rst           |   50 +-
 Documentation/process/changes.rst            |   41 +
 Documentation/rust/arch-support.rst          |   34 +
 Documentation/rust/coding-guidelines.rst     |  214 ++
 Documentation/rust/general-information.rst   |   77 +
 Documentation/rust/index.rst                 |   20 +
 Documentation/rust/logo.svg                  |  357 ++
 Documentation/rust/quick-start.rst           |  230 ++
 MAINTAINERS                                  |   15 +
 Makefile                                     |  175 +-
 arch/Kconfig                                 |    6 +
 arch/arm/Kconfig                             |    1 +
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                           |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                         |    1 +
 arch/riscv/Kconfig                           |    1 +
 arch/riscv/Makefile                          |    5 +
 arch/x86/Kconfig                             |    1 +
 arch/x86/Makefile                            |   14 +
 drivers/android/Kconfig                      |    6 +
 drivers/android/Makefile                     |    2 +
 drivers/android/allocation.rs                |  266 ++
 drivers/android/context.rs                   |   80 +
 drivers/android/defs.rs                      |   99 +
 drivers/android/node.rs                      |  476 +++
 drivers/android/process.rs                   |  960 +++++
 drivers/android/range_alloc.rs               |  189 +
 drivers/android/rust_binder.rs               |  111 +
 drivers/android/thread.rs                    |  870 +++++
 drivers/android/transaction.rs               |  326 ++
 drivers/gpio/Kconfig                         |    8 +
 drivers/gpio/Makefile                        |    1 +
 drivers/gpio/gpio_pl061_rust.rs              |  370 ++
 include/kunit/test.h                         |    2 +-
 include/linux/kallsyms.h                     |    2 +-
 include/linux/spinlock.h                     |   25 +-
 include/uapi/linux/android/binder.h          |   28 +-
 init/Kconfig                                 |   45 +-
 kernel/kallsyms.c                            |   26 +-
 kernel/livepatch/core.c                      |    4 +-
 lib/Kconfig.debug                            |  155 +
 lib/kunit/test.c                             |    4 +-
 lib/vsprintf.c                               |   13 +
 rust/.gitignore                              |   10 +
 rust/Makefile                                |  397 +++
 rust/alloc/README.md                         |   32 +
 rust/alloc/alloc.rs                          |  438 +++
 rust/alloc/borrow.rs                         |  498 +++
 rust/alloc/boxed.rs                          | 2007 +++++++++++
 rust/alloc/collections/mod.rs                |  156 +
 rust/alloc/fmt.rs                            |  601 ++++
 rust/alloc/lib.rs                            |  226 ++
 rust/alloc/macros.rs                         |  127 +
 rust/alloc/raw_vec.rs                        |  567 +++
 rust/alloc/slice.rs                          | 1282 +++++++
 rust/alloc/str.rs                            |  632 ++++
 rust/alloc/string.rs                         | 2869 +++++++++++++++
 rust/alloc/vec/drain.rs                      |  186 +
 rust/alloc/vec/drain_filter.rs               |  145 +
 rust/alloc/vec/into_iter.rs                  |  356 ++
 rust/alloc/vec/is_zero.rs                    |  106 +
 rust/alloc/vec/mod.rs                        | 3362 ++++++++++++++++++
 rust/alloc/vec/partial_eq.rs                 |   49 +
 rust/alloc/vec/set_len_on_drop.rs            |   30 +
 rust/alloc/vec/spec_extend.rs                |  174 +
 rust/bindgen_parameters                      |   17 +
 rust/build_error.rs                          |   29 +
 rust/compiler_builtins.rs                    |   57 +
 rust/exports.c                               |   20 +
 rust/helpers.c                               |  639 ++++
 rust/kernel/allocator.rs                     |   65 +
 rust/kernel/amba.rs                          |  257 ++
 rust/kernel/bindings.rs                      |   47 +
 rust/kernel/bindings_helper.h                |   46 +
 rust/kernel/build_assert.rs                  |   82 +
 rust/kernel/c_types.rs                       |  119 +
 rust/kernel/chrdev.rs                        |  207 ++
 rust/kernel/clk.rs                           |   79 +
 rust/kernel/cred.rs                          |   46 +
 rust/kernel/device.rs                        |  546 +++
 rust/kernel/driver.rs                        |  442 +++
 rust/kernel/error.rs                         |  565 +++
 rust/kernel/file.rs                          |  860 +++++
 rust/kernel/gpio.rs                          |  478 +++
 rust/kernel/hwrng.rs                         |  242 ++
 rust/kernel/io_buffer.rs                     |  153 +
 rust/kernel/io_mem.rs                        |  275 ++
 rust/kernel/iov_iter.rs                      |   81 +
 rust/kernel/irq.rs                           |  409 +++
 rust/kernel/kasync.rs                        |    6 +
 rust/kernel/kasync/net.rs                    |  322 ++
 rust/kernel/kunit.rs                         |   91 +
 rust/kernel/lib.rs                           |  260 ++
 rust/kernel/linked_list.rs                   |  247 ++
 rust/kernel/miscdev.rs                       |  291 ++
 rust/kernel/mm.rs                            |  149 +
 rust/kernel/module_param.rs                  |  498 +++
 rust/kernel/net.rs                           |  392 ++
 rust/kernel/net/filter.rs                    |  447 +++
 rust/kernel/of.rs                            |   63 +
 rust/kernel/pages.rs                         |  144 +
 rust/kernel/platform.rs                      |  223 ++
 rust/kernel/power.rs                         |  118 +
 rust/kernel/prelude.rs                       |   36 +
 rust/kernel/print.rs                         |  405 +++
 rust/kernel/random.rs                        |   42 +
 rust/kernel/raw_list.rs                      |  361 ++
 rust/kernel/rbtree.rs                        |  563 +++
 rust/kernel/revocable.rs                     |  161 +
 rust/kernel/security.rs                      |   38 +
 rust/kernel/static_assert.rs                 |   38 +
 rust/kernel/std_vendor.rs                    |  160 +
 rust/kernel/str.rs                           |  597 ++++
 rust/kernel/sync.rs                          |  161 +
 rust/kernel/sync/arc.rs                      |  503 +++
 rust/kernel/sync/condvar.rs                  |  138 +
 rust/kernel/sync/guard.rs                    |  169 +
 rust/kernel/sync/locked_by.rs                |  111 +
 rust/kernel/sync/mutex.rs                    |  153 +
 rust/kernel/sync/nowait.rs                   |  188 +
 rust/kernel/sync/revocable.rs                |  250 ++
 rust/kernel/sync/rwsem.rs                    |  197 +
 rust/kernel/sync/seqlock.rs                  |  202 ++
 rust/kernel/sync/smutex.rs                   |  295 ++
 rust/kernel/sync/spinlock.rs                 |  360 ++
 rust/kernel/sysctl.rs                        |  199 ++
 rust/kernel/task.rs                          |  175 +
 rust/kernel/types.rs                         |  679 ++++
 rust/kernel/user_ptr.rs                      |  175 +
 rust/macros/helpers.rs                       |   79 +
 rust/macros/lib.rs                           |   94 +
 rust/macros/module.rs                        |  631 ++++
 samples/Kconfig                              |    2 +
 samples/Makefile                             |    1 +
 samples/rust/Kconfig                         |  140 +
 samples/rust/Makefile                        |   16 +
 samples/rust/hostprogs/.gitignore            |    3 +
 samples/rust/hostprogs/Makefile              |    5 +
 samples/rust/hostprogs/a.rs                  |    7 +
 samples/rust/hostprogs/b.rs                  |    5 +
 samples/rust/hostprogs/single.rs             |   12 +
 samples/rust/rust_chrdev.rs                  |   50 +
 samples/rust/rust_minimal.rs                 |   35 +
 samples/rust/rust_miscdev.rs                 |  143 +
 samples/rust/rust_module_parameters.rs       |   69 +
 samples/rust/rust_netfilter.rs               |   54 +
 samples/rust/rust_platform.rs                |   22 +
 samples/rust/rust_print.rs                   |   54 +
 samples/rust/rust_random.rs                  |   60 +
 samples/rust/rust_semaphore.rs               |  171 +
 samples/rust/rust_semaphore_c.c              |  212 ++
 samples/rust/rust_stack_probing.rs           |   36 +
 samples/rust/rust_sync.rs                    |   93 +
 scripts/.gitignore                           |    1 +
 scripts/Kconfig.include                      |    6 +-
 scripts/Makefile                             |    3 +
 scripts/Makefile.build                       |   60 +
 scripts/Makefile.debug                       |   10 +
 scripts/Makefile.host                        |   34 +-
 scripts/Makefile.lib                         |   12 +
 scripts/Makefile.modfinal                    |    8 +-
 scripts/cc-version.sh                        |   12 +-
 scripts/decode_stacktrace.sh                 |   14 +
 scripts/generate_rust_analyzer.py            |  134 +
 scripts/generate_rust_target.rs              |  227 ++
 scripts/is_rust_module.sh                    |   13 +
 scripts/kallsyms.c                           |   47 +-
 scripts/kconfig/confdata.c                   |   75 +
 scripts/min-tool-version.sh                  |    6 +
 scripts/rust-is-available-bindgen-libclang.h |    2 +
 scripts/rust-is-available.sh                 |  158 +
 scripts/rustdoc_test_builder.py              |   59 +
 scripts/rustdoc_test_gen.py                  |  164 +
 tools/include/linux/kallsyms.h               |    2 +-
 tools/lib/perf/include/perf/event.h          |    2 +-
 tools/lib/symbol/kallsyms.h                  |    2 +-
 180 files changed, 37945 insertions(+), 67 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 .rustfmt.toml
 create mode 100644 Documentation/rust/arch-support.rst
 create mode 100644 Documentation/rust/coding-guidelines.rst
 create mode 100644 Documentation/rust/general-information.rst
 create mode 100644 Documentation/rust/index.rst
 create mode 100644 Documentation/rust/logo.svg
 create mode 100644 Documentation/rust/quick-start.rst
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/allocation.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/context.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/defs.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/node.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/process.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/range_alloc.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/rust_binder.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/thread.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/android/transaction.rs
 create mode 100644 drivers/gpio/gpio_pl061_rust.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 rust/Makefile
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/README.md
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/alloc.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/borrow.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/boxed.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/collections/mod.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/fmt.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/lib.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/macros.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/raw_vec.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/slice.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/str.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/string.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/drain.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/drain_filter.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/into_iter.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/is_zero.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/mod.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/partial_eq.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/set_len_on_drop.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/alloc/vec/spec_extend.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/bindgen_parameters
 create mode 100644 rust/build_error.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/compiler_builtins.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/exports.c
 create mode 100644 rust/helpers.c
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/allocator.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/amba.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/bindings.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/bindings_helper.h
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/build_assert.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/c_types.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/chrdev.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/clk.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/cred.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/device.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/driver.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/error.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/file.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/gpio.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/hwrng.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/io_buffer.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/io_mem.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/iov_iter.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/irq.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/kasync.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/kasync/net.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/kunit.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/lib.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/linked_list.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/miscdev.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/mm.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/module_param.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/net.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/net/filter.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/of.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/pages.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/platform.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/power.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/prelude.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/print.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/random.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/raw_list.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/rbtree.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/revocable.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/security.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/static_assert.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/std_vendor.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/str.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/arc.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/condvar.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/guard.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/locked_by.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/mutex.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/nowait.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/revocable.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/rwsem.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/seqlock.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/smutex.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sync/spinlock.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/sysctl.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/task.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/types.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/kernel/user_ptr.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/macros/helpers.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/macros/lib.rs
 create mode 100644 rust/macros/module.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/Makefile
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/hostprogs/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/hostprogs/Makefile
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/hostprogs/a.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/hostprogs/b.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/hostprogs/single.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_chrdev.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_minimal.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_miscdev.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_module_parameters.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_netfilter.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_platform.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_print.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_random.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_semaphore.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_semaphore_c.c
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_stack_probing.rs
 create mode 100644 samples/rust/rust_sync.rs
 create mode 100755 scripts/generate_rust_analyzer.py
 create mode 100644 scripts/generate_rust_target.rs
 create mode 100755 scripts/is_rust_module.sh
 create mode 100644 scripts/rust-is-available-bindgen-libclang.h
 create mode 100755 scripts/rust-is-available.sh
 create mode 100755 scripts/rustdoc_test_builder.py
 create mode 100755 scripts/rustdoc_test_gen.py

base-commit: 672c0c5173427e6b3e2a9bbb7be51ceeec78093a
-- 
2.35.3