Subject: [RFC PATCH v3 00/12] objtool: Enable and implement --mcount option on powerpc

From: Sathvika Vasireddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 00:02:26 +0530

These patches are rebased on top of objtool/core
branch of the tip tree, and are tested on
ppc64le with ppc64le_defconfig.

Christophe Leroy (3):
  objtool: Fix SEGFAULT
  objtool: Use target file endianness instead of a compiled constant
  objtool: Use target file class size instead of a compiled constant

Sathvika Vasireddy(9):
  objtool: Add --mnop as an option to --mcount
  powerpc: Skip objtool from running on VDSO files
  objtool: Read special sections with alts only when specific options are selected
  objtool: Use macros to define arch specific reloc types
  objtool: Add arch specific function arch_ftrace_match()
  objtool/powerpc: Enable objtool to be built on ppc
  objtool/powerpc: Add --mcount specific implementation
  powerpc: Remove unreachable() from WARN_ON()
  objtool/powerpc: Fix unannotated intra-function call warnings

 Makefile                                      |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/bug.h                |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S                |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S          |  7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.S                 |  7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/misc_64.S                 |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso/Makefile             |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vector.S                  |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupts.S       |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S       | 25 +++--
 arch/x86/Kconfig                              |  1 +
 scripts/Makefile.build                        |  1 +
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/Build              |  2 +
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/decode.c           | 96 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../arch/powerpc/include/arch/cfi_regs.h      | 11 +++
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/elf.h | 10 ++
 .../arch/powerpc/include/arch/special.h       | 21 ++++
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/special.c          | 19 ++++
 tools/objtool/arch/x86/decode.c               |  8 ++
 tools/objtool/arch/x86/include/arch/elf.h     |  2 +
 .../arch/x86/include/arch/endianness.h        |  9 --
 tools/objtool/builtin-check.c                 | 14 +++
 tools/objtool/check.c                         | 51 +++++-----
 tools/objtool/elf.c                           |  8 +-
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/arch.h          |  2 +
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/builtin.h       |  1 +
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/elf.h           |  8 ++
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/endianness.h    | 32 +++----
 tools/objtool/orc_dump.c                      | 11 ++-
 tools/objtool/orc_gen.c                       |  4 +-
 tools/objtool/special.c                       |  3 +-
 32 files changed, 305 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/Build
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/decode.c
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/cfi_regs.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/elf.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/special.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/special.c
 delete mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/x86/include/arch/endianness.h

-- 
2.25.1