Subject: Re: [PATCH RESEND v5 15/18] PCI: dwc: Add dw_ prefix to the pcie_port structure name

From: Jesper Nilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 13:47:33 +0200

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 04:34:25PM +0200, Serge Semin wrote:
> All of the DW PCIe core driver entities have names with the dw_ prefix in
> order to easily distinguish local and common PCIe name spaces. All except
> the pcie_port structure which contains the DW PCIe Root Port descriptor.
> For historical reason the structure has retained the original name since
> commit 340cba6092c2 ("pci: Add PCIe driver for Samsung Exynos") when
> the DW PCIe IP-core support was added to the kernel. Let's finally fix
> that by adding the dw_ prefix to the structure name and by adding the _rp
> suffix to be similar to the EP counterpart. Thus the name will be coherent
> with the common driver naming policy. It shall make the driver code more
> readable eliminating visual confusion between the local and generic PCI
> name spaces.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Serge Semin <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>

Sorry, I never replied in the thread for the last patch,
your reasoning for not changing the parameter name made sense.

For the ARTPEC-6 parts,

Acked-by: Jesper Nilsson <[email-masked]>

/^JN - Jesper Nilsson
-- 
               Jesper Nilsson -- [email-masked]