Subject: [PATCH v2 00/16] objtool: Enable and implement --mcount option on powerpc

From: Sathvika Vasireddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 11:22:07 +0530

This patchset enables and implements objtool --mcount
option on powerpc. This applies atop powerpc/merge branch.

Changelog:

v2:

* Change subject of patch 01/16
* As suggested by Christophe Leroy, add barrier_before_unreachable()
before __builtin_unreachable() to work around a gcc problem.
* Fix issues reported by Kernel Test Robot.
* Include suggestions from Christophe Leroy, and change commit 
messages for patches 01/16, 02/16, 03/16, 05/16.

Christophe Leroy (4):
  objtool: Fix SEGFAULT
  objtool: Use target file endianness instead of a compiled constant
  objtool: Use target file class size instead of a compiled constant
  powerpc: Fix objtool unannotated intra-function call warnings on PPC32

Sathvika Vasireddy (12):
  powerpc: Replace unreachable() with it's builtin variant in __WARN_FLAGS()
  powerpc: override __ALIGN() and __ALIGN_STR() macros
  powerpc: Fix objtool unannotated intra-function call warnings
  powerpc: curb objtool unannotated intra-function call warnings
  powerpc: Skip objtool from running on drivers/crypto/vmx/aesp8-ppc.o
  powerpc: Skip objtool from running on VDSO files
  objtool: Add --mnop as an option to --mcount
  objtool: Read special sections with alts only when specific options are selected
  objtool: Use macros to define arch specific reloc types
  objtool: Add arch specific function arch_ftrace_match()
  objtool/powerpc: Enable objtool to be built on ppc
  objtool/powerpc: Add --mcount specific implementation

 Makefile                                      |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm.h                |  7 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/bug.h                |  3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/linkage.h            |  4 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_6xx.S           | 26 +++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_fsl_booke.S     |  8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_32.S                |  9 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S                |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S          |  7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_40x.S                |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.S                 |  7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_8xx.S                |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_book3s_32.S          | 29 ++++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_fsl_booke.S          |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/misc_64.S                 |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/swsusp_32.S               |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso/Makefile             |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vector.S                  |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupts.S       |  4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S       | 25 +++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/fpu.S                        | 17 +++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/lite5200_sleep.S  | 15 ++-
 arch/x86/Kconfig                              |  1 +
 drivers/crypto/vmx/Makefile                   |  2 +
 scripts/Makefile.lib                          |  1 +
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/Build              |  2 +
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/decode.c           | 96 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../arch/powerpc/include/arch/cfi_regs.h      | 11 +++
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/elf.h | 10 ++
 .../arch/powerpc/include/arch/special.h       | 21 ++++
 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/special.c          | 19 ++++
 tools/objtool/arch/x86/decode.c               |  8 ++
 tools/objtool/arch/x86/include/arch/elf.h     |  2 +
 .../arch/x86/include/arch/endianness.h        |  9 --
 tools/objtool/builtin-check.c                 | 14 +++
 tools/objtool/check.c                         | 51 +++++-----
 tools/objtool/elf.c                           |  8 +-
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/arch.h          |  2 +
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/builtin.h       |  1 +
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/elf.h           |  8 ++
 tools/objtool/include/objtool/endianness.h    | 32 +++----
 tools/objtool/orc_dump.c                      | 11 ++-
 tools/objtool/orc_gen.c                       |  4 +-
 tools/objtool/special.c                       |  3 +-
 45 files changed, 409 insertions(+), 106 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/asm.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/Build
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/decode.c
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/cfi_regs.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/elf.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/include/arch/special.h
 create mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/powerpc/special.c
 delete mode 100644 tools/objtool/arch/x86/include/arch/endianness.h

-- 
2.31.1