Subject: [patch 14/39] PCI/MSI: Let the MSI core free descriptors

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 14:54:37 +0100 (CET)

From: Ahmed S. Darwish <[email-masked]>

Let the core do the freeing of descriptors and just keep it around for the
legacy case.

Signed-off-by: Ahmed S. Darwish <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/pci/msi/irqdomain.c |   10 +++++++---
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

--- a/drivers/pci/msi/irqdomain.c
+++ b/drivers/pci/msi/irqdomain.c
@@ -24,11 +24,12 @@ void pci_msi_teardown_msi_irqs(struct pc
 	struct irq_domain *domain;
 
 	domain = dev_get_msi_domain(&dev->dev);
-	if (domain && irq_domain_is_hierarchy(domain))
+	if (domain && irq_domain_is_hierarchy(domain)) {
 		msi_domain_free_irqs_descs_locked(domain, &dev->dev);
-	else
+	} else {
 		pci_msi_legacy_teardown_msi_irqs(dev);
-	msi_free_msi_descs(&dev->dev);
+		msi_free_msi_descs(&dev->dev);
+	}
 }
 
 /**
@@ -170,6 +171,9 @@ struct irq_domain *pci_msi_create_irq_do
 	if (info->flags & MSI_FLAG_USE_DEF_CHIP_OPS)
 		pci_msi_domain_update_chip_ops(info);
 
+	/* Let the core code free MSI descriptors when freeing interrupts */
+	info->flags |= MSI_FLAG_FREE_MSI_DESCS;
+
 	info->flags |= MSI_FLAG_ACTIVATE_EARLY | MSI_FLAG_DEV_SYSFS;
 	if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_GENERIC_IRQ_RESERVATION_MODE))
 		info->flags |= MSI_FLAG_MUST_REACTIVATE;