Subject: [PATCH 0/8] powerpc: improve copy_thread

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 02:55:26 +1000

The way copy_thread works, particularly with kernel threads and kernel
created user threads is a bit muddled and confusing. This series tries
to straighten things out a bit.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (8):
  powerpc: copy_thread remove unused pkey code
  powerpc: copy_thread make ret_from_fork register setup consistent
  powerpc: use switch frame for ret_from_kernel_thread parameters
  powerpc/64: ret_from_fork avoid restoring regs twice
  powerpc: copy_thread differentiate kthreads and user mode threads
  powerpc: differentiate kthread from user kernel thread start
  powerpc: copy_thread don't set _TIF_RESTOREALL
  powerpc: copy_thread don't set ppr in user interrupt frame regs

 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_32.S     |  23 +++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/interrupt_64.S |  28 ++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c      | 121 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 3 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

-- 
2.37.2