Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Expand selftest utils

From: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 11:39:42 +1100

Started this when writing tests for a feature I'm working on, needing a way to
read/write numbers to system files. After writing some utils to safely handle
file IO and parsing, I realised I'd made the ~6th file read/write implementation
and only(?) number parser that checks all the failure modes when expecting to
parse a single number from a file.

So these utils ended up becoming this series. I also modified some other test
utils I came across while doing so. My understanding is selftests are not expected
to be backported, so I wasn't concerned about only introducing new utils and leaving
the existing implementations be.

V3:	* Add reviewed-by from previous version
	* Fix write(2) call to include creation mode
V4:	* Drop patches merged in v3
	* Miscellaneous refactoring
	* Bigger changes mentioned on the relevant patch

Benjamin Gray (5):
  selftests/powerpc: Add generic read/write file util
  selftests/powerpc: Add read/write debugfs file, int
  selftests/powerpc: Parse long/unsigned long value safely
  selftests/powerpc: Add {read,write}_{long,ulong}
  selftests/powerpc: Add automatically allocating read_file

 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/dscr/dscr.h   |  34 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/dscr/dscr_sysfs_test.c  |  25 +-
 .../testing/selftests/powerpc/include/utils.h |  20 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/nx-gzip/gzfht_test.c    |  52 +--
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.c     |  34 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/core-pkey.c      |  28 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/security/entry_flush.c  |  12 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/security/rfi_flush.c    |  12 +-
 .../powerpc/security/uaccess_flush.c          |  18 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/syscalls/Makefile       |   2 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/syscalls/rtas_filter.c  |  81 +---
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/utils.c       | 412 +++++++++++++++---
 12 files changed, 431 insertions(+), 299 deletions(-)

base-commit: ca272751ba18ca8f137af631cbc9f3f987fab6e3
--
2.39.1