Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add generic data patching functions

From: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 12:56:40 +1100

There are issues on ppc64 with using patch_instruction() for arbitrary data.
Add dedicated functions for patching data. More details in the first patch.

Just to explain a couple of quirks:

* ppc32 patch_instruction() is noinline to prevent a mis-optimisation where
  patch_memory() is inlined into patch_branch(), preventing it from being
  inlined into patch_instruction().
* The val32 variable is a big endian workaround. The alternative would be to
  pass the data indirectly through a void*, which would probably not optimise
  as well.
* IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_PPC64) is required to help the ppc32 code optimise out
  the is_dword param.

Benjamin Gray (3):
  powerpc/code-patching: Add generic memory patching
  powerpc/64: Convert patch_instruction() to patch_u32()
  powerpc/32: Convert patch_instruction() to patch_uint()

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/code-patching.h | 33 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/module_64.c          |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/static_call.c        |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/code-patching.c         | 69 +++++++++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/smp.c    |  2 +-
 5 files changed, 88 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0bfb97203f5f300777624a2ad6f8f84aea3e8658
--
2.39.1