Subject: [PATCH v3 0/8] powerpc/85xx: p2020: Create one unified machine description

From: Pali Rohár <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 12:13:57 +0100

This patch series unifies all P2020 boards and machine descriptions into
one generic unified P2020 machine description. With this generic machine
description, kernel can boot on any P2020-based board with correct DTS
file.

Tested on CZ.NIC Turris 1.1 board with has Freescale P2020 processor.
Kernel during booting correctly detects P2020 and prints:
[    0.000000] Using Freescale P2020 machine description

Changes in v3:
* Use 'if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_PPC_I8259))' instead of '#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_I8259'
* Simplify p2020_probe()
* Patches generated by -M and -C git options

Link to v2: https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/

Changes in v2:
* Added patch "p2020: Move i8259 code into own function" (separated from the next one)
* Renamed CONFIG_P2020 to CONFIG_PPC_P2020
* Fixed descriptions

Link to v1: https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/

Pali Rohár (8):
  powerpc/85xx: Mark mpc85xx_rdb_pic_init() as static
  powerpc/85xx: Mark mpc85xx_ds_pic_init() as static
  powerpc/85xx: p2020: Move all P2020 machine descriptions to p2020.c
  powerpc/85xx: p2020: Move i8259 code into own function
  powerpc/85xx: p2020: Unify .setup_arch and .init_IRQ callbacks
  powerpc/85xx: p2020: Define just one machine description
  powerpc/85xx: p2020: Enable boards by new config option
    CONFIG_PPC_P2020
  powerpc: dts: turris1x.dts: Remove "fsl,P2020RDB-PC" compatible string

 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/turris1x.dts            |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/Kconfig           |  22 ++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/Makefile          |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ds.c      |  25 +---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_rdb.c     |  46 +-----
 .../platforms/85xx/{mpc85xx_ds.c => p2020.c}  | 135 ++++++------------
 6 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 163 deletions(-)
 copy arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/{mpc85xx_ds.c => p2020.c} (52%)

-- 
2.20.1