Subject: [PATCH v3 00/14] arch,mm: cleanup Kconfig entries for ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:08:14 +0300

From: "Mike Rapoport (IBM)" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Several architectures have ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER in their Kconfig and
they all have wrong and misleading prompt and help text for this option.

Besides, some define insane limits for possible values of
ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER, some carefully define ranges only for a subset of
possible configurations, some make this option configurable by users for no
good reason.

This set updates the prompt and help text everywhere and does its best to
update actual definitions of ranges where applicable.

kbuild generated a bunch of false positives because it assigns -1 to
ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

v3:
* fix rebase fallouts (Zi Yan)

v2: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]
* arm64: show prompt for ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER only if EXPERT (Catalin)
* Add Acked- and Reviewed-by tags (thanks Geert, Kirill and Max)

v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]

Mike Rapoport (IBM) (14):
  arm: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  arm64: drop ranges in definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  arm64: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  csky: drop ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  ia64: don't allow users to override ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  m68k: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  nios2: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  nios2: drop ranges for definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  powerpc: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  powerpc: drop ranges for definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  sh: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  sh: drop ranges for definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  sparc: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  xtensa: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text

 arch/arm/Kconfig      | 16 +++++++++-------
 arch/arm64/Kconfig    | 26 ++++++++++++--------------
 arch/csky/Kconfig     |  4 ----
 arch/ia64/Kconfig     |  3 +--
 arch/m68k/Kconfig.cpu | 16 +++++++++-------
 arch/nios2/Kconfig    | 17 +++++++++--------
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig  | 22 +++++++++-------------
 arch/sh/mm/Kconfig    | 19 +++++++++----------
 arch/sparc/Kconfig    | 16 +++++++++-------
 arch/xtensa/Kconfig   | 16 +++++++++-------
 10 files changed, 76 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

base-commit: 51551d71edbc998fd8c8afa7312db3d270f5998e
-- 
2.35.1

*** BLURB HERE ***

Mike Rapoport (IBM) (14):
  arm: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  arm64: drop ranges in definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  arm64: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  csky: drop ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  ia64: don't allow users to override ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  m68k: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  nios2: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  nios2: drop ranges for definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  powerpc: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  powerpc: drop ranges for definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  sh: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  sh: drop ranges for definition of ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER
  sparc: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text
  xtensa: reword ARCH_FORCE_MAX_ORDER prompt and help text

 arch/arm/Kconfig      | 16 +++++++++-------
 arch/arm64/Kconfig    | 26 ++++++++++++--------------
 arch/csky/Kconfig     |  4 ----
 arch/ia64/Kconfig     |  3 +--
 arch/m68k/Kconfig.cpu | 16 +++++++++-------
 arch/nios2/Kconfig    | 17 +++++++++--------
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig  | 22 +++++++++-------------
 arch/sh/mm/Kconfig    | 19 +++++++++----------
 arch/sparc/Kconfig    | 16 +++++++++-------
 arch/xtensa/Kconfig   | 16 +++++++++-------
 10 files changed, 76 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

base-commit: 51551d71edbc998fd8c8afa7312db3d270f5998e
-- 
2.35.1