Subject: [PATCH v8 0/7] Add pci_dev_for_each_resource() helper and update users

From: Andy Shevchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 19:24:27 +0300

Provide two new helper macros to iterate over PCI device resources and
convert users.

Looking at it, refactor existing pci_bus_for_each_resource() and convert
users accordingly.

Note, the amount of lines grew due to the documentation update.

Changelog v8:
- fixed issue with pci_bus_for_each_resource() macro (LKP)
- due to above added a new patch to document how it works
- moved the last patch to be #2 (Philippe)
- added tags (Philippe)

Changelog v7:
- made both macros to share same name (Bjorn)
- split out the pci_resource_n() conversion (Bjorn)

Changelog v6:
- dropped unused variable in PPC code (LKP)

Changelog v5:
- renamed loop variable to minimize the clash (Keith)
- addressed smatch warning (Dan)
- addressed 0-day bot findings (LKP)

Changelog v4:
- rebased on top of v6.3-rc1
- added tag (Krzysztof)

Changelog v3:
- rebased on top of v2 by Mika, see above
- added tag to pcmcia patch (Dominik)

Changelog v2:
- refactor to have two macros
- refactor existing pci_bus_for_each_resource() in the same way and
  convert users

Andy Shevchenko (6):
  kernel.h: Split out COUNT_ARGS() and CONCATENATE()
  PCI: Introduce pci_resource_n()
  PCI: Document pci_bus_for_each_resource() to avoid confusion
  PCI: Allow pci_bus_for_each_resource() to take less arguments
  EISA: Convert to use less arguments in pci_bus_for_each_resource()
  pcmcia: Convert to use less arguments in pci_bus_for_each_resource()

Mika Westerberg (1):
  PCI: Introduce pci_dev_for_each_resource()

 .clang-format                             |  1 +
 arch/alpha/kernel/pci.c                   |  5 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/bios32.c                  | 16 +++--
 arch/arm/mach-dove/pcie.c                 | 10 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-mv78xx0/pcie.c              | 10 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-orion5x/pci.c               | 10 ++--
 arch/mips/pci/ops-bcm63xx.c               |  8 +--
 arch/mips/pci/pci-legacy.c                |  3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c          | 21 +++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/4xx/pci.c          |  8 +--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_pci.c |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pci.c      | 16 ++---
 arch/sh/drivers/pci/pcie-sh7786.c         | 10 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/leon_pci.c              |  5 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c                   | 10 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c                  |  5 +-
 drivers/eisa/pci_eisa.c                   |  4 +-
 drivers/pci/bus.c                         |  7 +--
 drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp_sysfs.c        |  8 +--
 drivers/pci/pci.c                         |  3 +-
 drivers/pci/probe.c                       |  2 +-
 drivers/pci/remove.c                      |  5 +-
 drivers/pci/setup-bus.c                   | 37 +++++-------
 drivers/pci/setup-res.c                   |  4 +-
 drivers/pci/vgaarb.c                      | 17 ++----
 drivers/pci/xen-pcifront.c                |  4 +-
 drivers/pcmcia/rsrc_nonstatic.c           |  9 +--
 drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.c             |  3 +-
 drivers/pnp/quirks.c                      | 29 ++++-----
 include/linux/args.h                      | 13 ++++
 include/linux/kernel.h                    |  8 +--
 include/linux/pci.h                       | 72 +++++++++++++++++++----
 32 files changed, 190 insertions(+), 178 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 include/linux/args.h

-- 
2.40.0.1.gaa8946217a0b