Subject: [PATCH v2 0/7] Update DSCR tests

From: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 14:33:13 +1000

The randomness based DSCR tests currently have a low probability of doing
any writes to the DSCR, making them inefficient in uncovering bugs.

This series adds lockstep variants to these RNG tests, to ensure the happy
path is always tested, and improves the randomness and size of the RNG
tests.

It also removes many iterations of the sysfs DSCR test, allowing the default
timeout to be re-enabled.

v2:	* Pull bind_to_cpu() out to utils.c and allow an automatically
	  determined CPU selection.

Previous versions:
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Benjamin Gray (7):
  selftests/powerpc/dscr: Correct typos
  selftests/powerpc: Move bind_to_cpu() to utils.h
  selftests/powerpc: Allow bind_to_cpu() to automatically pick CPU
  selftests/powerpc/dscr: Add lockstep test cases to DSCR explicit tests
  selftests/powerpc/dscr: Improve DSCR explicit random test case
  selftests/powerpc/dscr: Speed up DSCR sysfs tests
  selftests/powerpc/dscr: Restore timeout to DSCR selftests

 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/dscr/Makefile |   3 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/dscr/dscr.h   |   4 -
 .../powerpc/dscr/dscr_default_test.c          | 207 +++++++++++-------
 .../powerpc/dscr/dscr_explicit_test.c         | 169 +++++++++++---
 .../powerpc/dscr/dscr_inherit_test.c          |   4 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/dscr/dscr_sysfs_test.c  |  11 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/dscr/dscr_user_test.c   |   4 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/dscr/settings |   1 -
 .../testing/selftests/powerpc/include/utils.h |   3 +
 .../pmu/ebb/cpu_event_pinned_vs_ebb_test.c    |   3 +-
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/cpu_event_vs_ebb_test.c   |   3 +-
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_vs_cpu_event_test.c   |   3 +-
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/multi_ebb_procs_test.c    |   6 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.c     |  19 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.h     |   1 -
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/utils.c       |  23 ++
 16 files changed, 303 insertions(+), 161 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/dscr/settings

--
2.39.2