Subject: [PATCH 00/17] tool/perf/test: Fix shellcheck coding/formatting issues of test shell scripts

From: Athira Rajeev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 22:11:28 +0530

Patchset covers a set of fixes for coding/formatting issues observed while
running shellcheck tool on the perf test shell scripts. Shellcheck is a static
analysis tool that can find semantic/syntax bugs in the shell scripts.

Patches 1-14 fixes the issues found with shellcheck. Patch 15, 16
and patch 17 address a fix in task_analyzer test.

This cleanup is a pre-requisite to include a build option for shellcheck
discussed here: https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-perf-users/msg25553.html
Also this is first set of patches. There will be one more set which will
include build option for shellcheck as discussed in the mail thread.

Abhirup Deb (2):
  tools/perf/tests: fix test_arm_spe.sh signal case issues
  perf/tests/shell: fix shellscript errors for lock_contention.sh

Aboorva Devarajan (1):
  tools/perf/tests: Fix shellcheck issues in test_task_analyzer.sh file

Aditya Gupta (3):
  perf tests task_analyzer: fix bad substitution ${$1}
  perf tests task_analyzer: print command on failure
  perf tests task_analyzer: skip tests if no libtraceevent support

Akanksha J N (1):
  tools/perf/tests: Fix shellcheck warnings for
    trace+probe_vfs_getname.sh

Anushree Mathur (1):
  perf/tests/shell : Shellcheck fixes for perf test
    "test_arm_coresight.sh"

Barnali Guha Thakurata (1):
  tools/perf/tests/shell/stat_all_metrics: Fix shellcheck warning SC2076
    in stat_all_metrics.sh

Disha Goel (1):
  tools/perf/tests: fix shellcheck warning for stat+json_output

Geetika (1):
  tools/perf/tests: Fix all POSIX sh warnings in perf shell test
    test_brstack.sh

Korrapati Likhitha (1):
  tools/perf/tests: Fix shellcheck warnings for stat+csv_output

Samir Mulani (1):
  tools/perf/tests: fixed shellcheck warnings for perf shell scripts

Shirisha G (1):
  tools/perf/tests: fix shellcheck warnings for daemon.sh

Sourabh Jain (1):
  perf: get rid of unused import

Spoorthy S (2):
  shellcheck : fixing signal names and adding double quotes for
    expression in test_arm_callgraph_fp
  tools/perf/tests: Fix all POSIX sh warnings in stat+shadow_stat.sh

 .../scripts/python/arm-cs-trace-disasm.py     |   1 -
 tools/perf/tests/shell/buildid.sh             |  12 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/daemon.sh              | 113 ++++++++++++------
 tools/perf/tests/shell/lock_contention.sh     |  70 +++++------
 .../shell/record+probe_libc_inet_pton.sh      |   6 +-
 .../shell/record+script_probe_vfs_getname.sh  |   4 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/stat+csv_output.sh     |   4 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/stat+json_output.sh    |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/stat+shadow_stat.sh    |   4 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/stat_all_metrics.sh    |   6 +-
 .../perf/tests/shell/test_arm_callgraph_fp.sh |   6 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/test_arm_coresight.sh  |   6 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/test_arm_spe.sh        |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/test_brstack.sh        |  12 +-
 tools/perf/tests/shell/test_task_analyzer.sh  |  98 ++++++++-------
 .../tests/shell/trace+probe_vfs_getname.sh    |   6 +-
 16 files changed, 203 insertions(+), 149 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.1