Subject: [PATCH v1 0/4] Improve ptrace selftest usability

From: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 10:58:37 +1000

While trying to test changes to the breakpoint implementation in the kernel, I
tried to run the ptrace tests and met many unexplained skips and failures.

This series addresses the pain points of trying to run these tests and learn
what they are doing.

Benjamin Gray (4):
  Documentation/powerpc: Fix ptrace request names
  selftests/powerpc/ptrace: Explain why tests are skipped
  selftests/powerpc/ptrace: Fix typo in pid_max search error
  selftests/powerpc/ptrace: Declare test temporary variables as volatile

 Documentation/powerpc/ptrace.rst              |  8 +++---
 .../testing/selftests/powerpc/ptrace/child.h  |  4 +--
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/core-pkey.c      |  2 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/perf-hwbreak.c   |  2 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-hwbreak.c | 26 +++++++++----------
 .../powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-perf-hwbreak.c      |  6 ++---
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-pkey.c    |  2 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tar.c     |  2 +-
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-gpr.c  |  4 +--
 .../powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-spd-gpr.c        |  4 +--
 .../powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-spd-tar.c        |  4 +--
 .../powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-spd-vsx.c        |  4 +--
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-spr.c  |  4 +--
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-tar.c  |  4 +--
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-tm-vsx.c  |  4 +--
 .../selftests/powerpc/ptrace/ptrace-vsx.c     |  2 +-
 16 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

--
2.41.0