Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] kbuild: Show Kconfig fragments in "help"

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 12:47:51 -0700

Hi,

This is my series to show *.config targets in the "help" target so these
various topics can be more easily discoverd.

v2:
 - split .fragment from .config to hide "internal" fragments
 - fix various typos
 - avoid duplicate entries
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]

Thanks!

-Kees

Kees Cook (2):
  kbuild: Show Kconfig fragments in "help"
  kbuild: Split internal config targets from .config into .fragment

 Makefile                                      |  1 -
 arch/arm/configs/dram_0x00000000.config       |  1 +
 arch/arm/configs/dram_0xc0000000.config       |  1 +
 arch/arm/configs/dram_0xd0000000.config       |  1 +
 arch/arm/configs/lpae.config                  |  1 +
 arch/arm64/configs/virt.config                |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/Makefile                         | 26 +++++++++----------
 .../{32-bit.config => 32-bit.fragment}        |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/64-bit.config            |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/64-bit.fragment          |  2 ++
 ...{85xx-32bit.config => 85xx-32bit.fragment} |  1 +
 ...{85xx-64bit.config => 85xx-64bit.fragment} |  1 +
 .../{85xx-hw.config => 85xx-hw.fragment}      |  1 +
 .../{85xx-smp.config => 85xx-smp.fragment}    |  1 +
 .../{86xx-hw.config => 86xx-hw.fragment}      |  1 +
 .../{86xx-smp.config => 86xx-smp.fragment}    |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/altivec.config           |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/altivec.fragment         |  2 ++
 arch/powerpc/configs/be.config                |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/be.fragment              |  2 ++
 .../{book3s_32.config => book3s_32.fragment}  |  1 +
 ...enet_base.config => corenet_base.fragment} |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/debug.config             |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/disable-werror.config    |  1 +
 .../configs/{dpaa.config => dpaa.fragment}    |  1 +
 ...mb-nonhw.config => fsl-emb-nonhw.fragment} |  1 +
 .../configs/{guest.config => guest.fragment}  |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/le.config                |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/le.fragment              |  2 ++
 ...85xx_base.config => mpc85xx_base.fragment} |  1 +
 ...86xx_base.config => mpc86xx_base.fragment} |  1 +
 .../{ppc64le.config => ppc64le.fragment}      |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/security.config          |  4 ++-
 arch/riscv/configs/32-bit.config              |  1 +
 arch/riscv/configs/64-bit.config              |  1 +
 arch/s390/configs/btf.config                  |  1 +
 arch/s390/configs/kasan.config                |  1 +
 arch/x86/Makefile                             |  4 ---
 arch/x86/configs/tiny.config                  |  2 ++
 {kernel => arch/x86}/configs/x86_debug.config |  1 +
 arch/x86/configs/xen.config                   |  2 ++
 kernel/configs/debug.config                   |  2 ++
 kernel/configs/kvm_guest.config               |  1 +
 kernel/configs/nopm.config                    |  2 ++
 kernel/configs/rust.config                    |  1 +
 kernel/configs/tiny-base.config               |  1 -
 kernel/configs/tiny-base.fragment             |  2 ++
 kernel/configs/tiny.config                    |  2 ++
 kernel/configs/xen.config                     |  2 ++
 scripts/Makefile.defconf                      | 12 ++++++---
 scripts/kconfig/Makefile                      | 16 +++++++++---
 51 files changed, 87 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{32-bit.config => 32-bit.fragment} (53%)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/64-bit.config
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/64-bit.fragment
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{85xx-32bit.config => 85xx-32bit.fragment} (76%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{85xx-64bit.config => 85xx-64bit.fragment} (78%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{85xx-hw.config => 85xx-hw.fragment} (98%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{85xx-smp.config => 85xx-smp.fragment} (59%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{86xx-hw.config => 86xx-hw.fragment} (98%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{86xx-smp.config => 86xx-smp.fragment} (58%)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/altivec.config
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/altivec.fragment
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/be.config
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/be.fragment
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{book3s_32.config => book3s_32.fragment} (52%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{corenet_base.config => corenet_base.fragment} (64%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{dpaa.config => dpaa.fragment} (80%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{fsl-emb-nonhw.config => fsl-emb-nonhw.fragment} (98%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{guest.config => guest.fragment} (85%)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/le.config
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/le.fragment
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{mpc85xx_base.config => mpc85xx_base.fragment} (94%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{mpc86xx_base.config => mpc86xx_base.fragment} (86%)
 rename arch/powerpc/configs/{ppc64le.config => ppc64le.fragment} (65%)
 rename {kernel => arch/x86}/configs/x86_debug.config (90%)
 delete mode 100644 kernel/configs/tiny-base.config
 create mode 100644 kernel/configs/tiny-base.fragment

-- 
2.34.1