Subject: [PATCH v2 1/2] powerpc: add `cur_cpu_spec` symbol to vmcoreinfo

From: Aditya Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 16:27:05 +0530

Since below commit, address mapping for vmemmap has changed for Radix
MMU, where address mapping is stored in kernel page table itself,
instead of earlier used 'vmemmap_list'.

    commit 368a0590d954 ("powerpc/book3s64/vmemmap: switch radix to use
    a different vmemmap handling function")

Hence with upstream kernel, in case of Radix MMU, makedumpfile fails to do
address translation for vmemmap addresses, as it depended on vmemmap_list,
which can now be empty.

While fixing the address translation in makedumpfile, it was identified
that currently makedumpfile cannot distinguish between Hash MMU and
Radix MMU, unless VMLINUX is passed with -x flag to makedumpfile.
And hence fails to assign offsets and shifts correctly (such as in L4 to
PGDIR offset calculation in makedumpfile).

For getting the MMU, makedumpfile uses `cur_cpu_spec.mmu_features`.

Add `cur_cpu_spec` symbol and offset of `mmu_features` in the
`cpu_spec` struct, to VMCOREINFO, so that makedumpfile can assign the
offsets correctly, without needing a VMLINUX.

Fixes: 368a0590d954 ("powerpc/book3s64/vmemmap: switch radix to use a different vmemmap handling function")
Reported-by: Sachin Sant <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Sachin Sant <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Aditya Gupta <[email-masked]>

---
Corresponding makedumpfile patches to fix address translation, in Radix
MMU case:

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/kexec/[email-masked]/T/#t
---
---
 arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c b/arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c
index de64c7962991..369b8334a4f0 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c
@@ -63,6 +63,8 @@ void arch_crash_save_vmcoreinfo(void)
 #ifndef CONFIG_NUMA
 	VMCOREINFO_SYMBOL(contig_page_data);
 #endif
+	VMCOREINFO_SYMBOL(cur_cpu_spec);
+	VMCOREINFO_OFFSET(cpu_spec, mmu_features);
 #if defined(CONFIG_PPC64) && defined(CONFIG_SPARSEMEM_VMEMMAP)
 	VMCOREINFO_SYMBOL(vmemmap_list);
 	VMCOREINFO_SYMBOL(mmu_vmemmap_psize);
-- 
2.41.0