Subject: [PATCH 12/12] powerpc/fadump: Annotate endianness cast with __force

From: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:37:11 +1100

Sparse reports an endianness error with the else case of

  val = (cpu_endian ? be64_to_cpu(reg_entry->reg_val) :
         (u64)(reg_entry->reg_val));

This is a safe operation because the code is explicitly working with
dynamic endianness, so add the __force annotation to tell Sparse to
ignore it.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-fadump.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-fadump.h b/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-fadump.h
index 3f715efb0aa6..5eeb794b5eb1 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-fadump.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-fadump.h
@@ -135,7 +135,7 @@ static inline void opal_fadump_read_regs(char *bufp, unsigned int regs_cnt,
 	for (i = 0; i < regs_cnt; i++, bufp += reg_entry_size) {
 		reg_entry = (struct hdat_fadump_reg_entry *)bufp;
 		val = (cpu_endian ? be64_to_cpu(reg_entry->reg_val) :
-		       (u64)(reg_entry->reg_val));
+		       (u64 __force)(reg_entry->reg_val));
 		opal_fadump_set_regval_regnum(regs,
 					      be32_to_cpu(reg_entry->reg_type),
 					      be32_to_cpu(reg_entry->reg_num),
-- 
2.39.2