Subject: [PATCH 07/12] powerpc/kvm: Force cast endianness of KVM shared regs

From: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:37:06 +1100

Sparse reports endianness mismatches in the KVM shared regs getter and
setter helpers.

This code has dynamic endianness behind a safe interface, so a force is
warranted here to tell sparse this is OK.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Gray <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h
index b4da8514af43..b547bcf1a995 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h
@@ -943,18 +943,18 @@ static inline void kvmppc_set_##reg(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu, ulong val)	\
 static inline u##size kvmppc_get_##reg(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu)		\
 {									\
 	if (kvmppc_shared_big_endian(vcpu))				\
-	       return be##size##_to_cpu(vcpu->arch.shared->reg);	\
+		return be##size##_to_cpu((__be##size __force)vcpu->arch.shared->reg);	\
 	else								\
-	       return le##size##_to_cpu(vcpu->arch.shared->reg);	\
+		return le##size##_to_cpu((__le##size __force)vcpu->arch.shared->reg);	\
 }									\
 
 #define SHARED_WRAPPER_SET(reg, size)					\
 static inline void kvmppc_set_##reg(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu, u##size val)	\
 {									\
 	if (kvmppc_shared_big_endian(vcpu))				\
-	       vcpu->arch.shared->reg = cpu_to_be##size(val);		\
+		vcpu->arch.shared->reg = (u##size __force)cpu_to_be##size(val);	\
 	else								\
-	       vcpu->arch.shared->reg = cpu_to_le##size(val);		\
+		vcpu->arch.shared->reg = (u##size __force)cpu_to_le##size(val);	\
 }									\
 
 #define SHARED_WRAPPER(reg, size)					\
-- 
2.39.2