Subject: [PATCH 00/22] -Wmissing-prototype warning fixes

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 13:58:21 +0100

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

I slightly dropped the ball on this since last sending the series in
August, but a number of warning fixes have made it into the kernel in
the meantime, both from my earlier submission and from architecture
maintainers.

I have none patches that remain from the previous submission, with
two of them reworked according to comments. The additional patches
are from more testing across architectures and configurations that
I had previously missed.

At least one patch is for a newly added warning in recent kernels.

Regarding the regressions in terms of added warnings, there are
now only five architectures left that add warnings (alpha, mips,
nios2, sh and sparc) rather than 15, so I think we can apply
the Kbuild change directly and have the architecture maintainers
take care of the warnings just like the others did already.

As before, my preference would be for the patches to make it
through the respective subsystem maintainer trees, though I
can apply the architecture specific ones to the asm-generic
tree as well.

Sorry for posting these during the merge window, I wanted to
get them out before LPC so we can have them in linux-next
as early as possible.

    Arnd

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Arnd Bergmann (22):
  [RESEND^2] ida: make 'ida_dump' static
  [RESEND^2] jffs2: mark __jffs2_dbg_superblock_counts() static
  [RESEND] kprobes: unify kprobes_exceptions_nofify() prototypes
  [RESEND] time: make sysfs_get_uname() function visible in header
  [RESEND] parport: gsc: mark init function static
  [RESEND] stackleak: add declarations for global functions
  [RESEND] sched: fair: move unused stub functions to header
  [v2] arch: consolidate arch_irq_work_raise prototypes
  [v2] arch: fix asm-offsets.c building with -Wmissing-prototypes
  microblaze: include linux/cpu.h for trap_init() prototype
  x86: sta2x11: include header for sta2x11_get_instance() prototype
  csky: fix arch_jump_label_transform_static override
  arch: add do_page_fault prototypes
  arch: add missing prepare_ftrace_return() prototypes
  arch: vdso: consolidate gettime prototypes
  bcachefs: mark bch2_target_to_text_sb() static
  powerpc: ps3: move udbg_shutdown_ps3gelic prototype
  powerpc: pasemi: mark pas_shutdown() static
  powerpc: powermac: mark smp_psurge_{give,take}_timebase static
  usb: fsl-mph-dr-of: mark fsl_usb2_mpc5121_init() static
  fbdev/fsl-diu-fb: mark wr_reg_wa() static
  Makefile.extrawarn: turn on missing-prototypes globally

 arch/alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h         |  2 ++
 arch/alpha/kernel/asm-offsets.c              |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/traps.c                    |  1 +
 arch/arc/include/asm/kprobes.h               |  3 ---
 arch/arm/include/asm/irq_work.h              |  2 --
 arch/arm/include/asm/kprobes.h               |  2 --
 arch/arm/include/asm/vdso.h                  |  5 ----
 arch/arm/vdso/vgettimeofday.c                |  1 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/irq_work.h            |  2 --
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kprobes.h             |  2 --
 arch/arm64/kernel/vdso32/vgettimeofday.c     |  1 +
 arch/csky/include/asm/ftrace.h               |  4 +++
 arch/csky/include/asm/irq_work.h             |  2 +-
 arch/csky/include/asm/jump_label.h           |  5 ++++
 arch/csky/include/asm/traps.h                |  2 +-
 arch/csky/kernel/traps.c                     |  1 +
 arch/csky/kernel/vdso/vgettimeofday.c        | 11 +--------
 arch/loongarch/kernel/asm-offsets.c          | 26 ++++++++++----------
 arch/loongarch/vdso/vgettimeofday.c          |  7 +-----
 arch/m68k/coldfire/vectors.c                 |  3 +--
 arch/m68k/coldfire/vectors.h                 |  3 ---
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/ftrace.h         |  1 +
 arch/microblaze/kernel/traps.c               |  1 +
 arch/mips/include/asm/ftrace.h               |  4 +++
 arch/mips/include/asm/kprobes.h              |  2 --
 arch/mips/include/asm/traps.h                |  3 +++
 arch/mips/vdso/vgettimeofday.c               |  1 +
 arch/nios2/include/asm/traps.h               |  2 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/irq_work.h          |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kprobes.h           |  2 --
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ps3.h               |  6 +++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pasemi/setup.c        |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/smp.c        |  4 +--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/gelic_udbg.c      |  1 +
 arch/riscv/include/asm/irq_work.h            |  2 +-
 arch/riscv/kernel/vdso/vgettimeofday.c       |  7 +-----
 arch/s390/include/asm/irq_work.h             |  2 --
 arch/s390/include/asm/kprobes.h              |  2 --
 arch/sh/include/asm/kprobes.h                |  2 --
 arch/sh/include/asm/traps_32.h               |  3 +++
 arch/sparc/include/asm/kprobes.h             |  2 --
 arch/sparc/kernel/asm-offsets.c              |  6 ++---
 arch/sparc/kernel/traps_32.c                 |  1 +
 arch/sparc/kernel/traps_64.c                 |  1 +
 arch/x86/entry/vdso/vclock_gettime.c         | 10 +-------
 arch/x86/include/asm/irq_work.h              |  1 -
 arch/x86/include/asm/kprobes.h               |  2 --
 arch/x86/include/asm/traps.h                 |  1 -
 arch/x86/include/asm/vdso/gettimeofday.h     |  2 --
 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c                      |  1 +
 arch/x86/pci/sta2x11-fixup.c                 |  1 +
 arch/x86/um/vdso/um_vdso.c                   |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/ps3_gelic_net.h |  6 -----
 drivers/parport/parport_gsc.c                |  2 +-
 drivers/usb/host/fsl-mph-dr-of.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/video/fbdev/fsl-diu-fb.c             |  2 +-
 fs/bcachefs/disk_groups.c                    |  2 +-
 fs/jffs2/debug.c                             |  2 +-
 include/linux/irq_work.h                     |  3 +++
 include/linux/kprobes.h                      |  4 +++
 include/linux/stackleak.h                    |  6 +++++
 include/vdso/gettime.h                       | 23 +++++++++++++++++
 kernel/sched/fair.c                          | 13 ----------
 kernel/sched/sched.h                         | 11 +++++++++
 kernel/time/tick-internal.h                  |  3 ++-
 lib/test_ida.c                               |  2 +-
 scripts/Makefile.extrawarn                   |  4 +--
 67 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 122 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/m68k/coldfire/vectors.h
 create mode 100644 include/vdso/gettime.h

-- 
2.39.2
Cc: Matt Turner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vineet Gupta <[email-masked]>
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Cc: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>
Cc: Masami Hiramatsu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guo Ren <[email-masked]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Cc: Huacai Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Greg Ungerer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dinh Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Cc: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Cc: Palmer Dabbelt <[email-masked]>
Cc: Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andy Lutomirski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Helge Deller <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sudip Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kent Overstreet <[email-masked]>
Cc: David Woodhouse <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Naveen N. Rao" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Anil S Keshavamurthy <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vincenzo Frascino <[email-masked]>
Cc: Juri Lelli <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vincent Guittot <[email-masked]>
Cc: Masahiro Yamada <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nick Desaulniers <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nicolas Schier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Al Viro <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Uwe Kleine-König" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]